Date: November 16, 2017 | Time: 6:30pm
All current AIA Detroit Members are encouraged to join us for the 2017 Annual Meeting, taking place on Thursday, November 16th, at the Madison event space on Grand Circus Park in downtown Detroit. This meeting will include the annual report to the membership on significant accomplishments, events, and programming throughout the past year, and the election of the 2018 AIA Detroit Board of Directors.
The Annual Meeting will begin with elections proceedings for the 2018 Board of Directors. Certified Candidates will be permitted to make brief statements, after which all current Architect and Associate members will cast votes for the contested positions up for election. See below for a list of Certified Candidates, and read more about the candidates and their written statements here.
While ballots are being tallied, members of the Executive Committee will deliver the 2017 Annual Report, and give commentary on major strategic planning underway for 2018 and beyond. The Annual Report will include the Treasurer’s Report on the financial status of the organization, and a Year-in-Review summary of AIA Detroit events, programs, and initiatives.
This year, the Annual Meeting will be held following the AIA National Leadership Institute, taking place in the same venue from 8:00am to 5:00pm that day. All members are encouraged to join us for that event (register at the link above), or to arrive beginning at 5:00pm for a cocktail reception welcoming the regional attendees of the Leadership Institute to Detroit. Members and visitors are encouraged to mingle and network from 5:00pm to 6:30pm, when the AIA Detroit Annual Meeting will begin.
2018 Board of Directors
Open positions and Certified Candidates
2018 Vice President / President-Elect & 2019 President:
Andrew Dunlap, SmithGroupJJR, 2017-2018 Treasurer
• Timothy Flintoff, Hamilton Anderson, 2017-2018 Michigan Director
• Salvatore Moschelli, Integrated Design Solutions, 2013-2017 Celebration Sponsorship Chair
2018-2019 Michigan Director:
(1 position open, 2-year term; Representative to AIA Michigan Board of Directors)
• Chuck Lewis, Integrated Design Solutions, 2016-2017 Michigan Director (incumbent) and 2015 AIA Detroit President
2018-2020 Detroit Directors:
(2 positions open, 3-year terms)
• Patty Boyle, SmithGroupJJR, 2017 Detroit Director
• Alexander Briseno, HKS
• Jeffrey Gaines, Albert Kahn Associates
• Megan Martin-Campbell, inFORM Studio
• Christopher Vogelheim, HED
2018 Associate Director:
• Bryce Gamper, dPOP Design, 2017 Associate Director (incumbent)
• Elizabeth Stanfel, ROSSETTI
2018 Affiliate Director:
• Peter Kyte, Bluewater Technologies