October 24, 2023
Bloomfield Hills, MI & Kalamazoo, MI
Experience: 3 Years
TMP Architecture, Inc. is an architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of facilities for life-long learning. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven approach to problem-solving and provide the highest level of design excellence and service for our clients.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
– Developing, writing, editing, and preparing technical project specifications.
– Maintaining current Master Specifications list
– Maintain files and attend in-house meetings regarding current projects
– Coordination with internal Project Managers and Architects
– Coordination with Vendors
– Participate in promotional efforts to secure projects.
– Participate in proposal review and contract negotiation process.
– Communicating effectively with team clients and consultants
– Assistance with training and mentoring new and current staff on BSD Spec-Link
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
CDT, CSI CCS Certification is preferred
– Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of building specifications and construction
Technical writing ability
Knowledge of AIA documents
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Previous Experience
At least 3 years in an architectural office
BSD Spec-Link experience
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.