July 10, 2023
Experience: 10+ years
Neumann/Smith is comprised of complex problem solvers driven by pushing boundaries. Since 1968, we have continued to build on our legacy by providing human-centric architecture, planning, and interior design for every market sector. We value every project and take inspiration from these different market sectors, making sure our team is never bored – and our clients aren’t either. We value creativity in all its forms. At Neumann/Smith we combine design and technical in one studio: challenging our team to challenge each other, leveraging and learning from each other’s expertise. When we grow as individuals, we grow as a firm.
We are currently seeking a Senior Interior Designer. This opportunity is based in our Southfield studio and will involve collaborating with our Design Directors to deliver exceptional design outcomes for our clients.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded team member with high-level conceptual design skills supported by extensive presentation, documentation, and coordination needed to execute commercial projects. You will have a proven track record of leading multiple projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. If you are an Interior Designer with a passion for design and a desire to work with a dynamic and innovative team, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
Who you are:
* A certified Interior Designer with a minimum of 10 years of experience
* A recognized leader with strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems creatively
* Someone who fosters and manages effective client relationships
* A team player with strong mentorship skills
* Previous experience working in market sectors, such as workplace, higher education, multi-family and retail
* Have extensive knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards
* Extensive knowledge of typical project deliveries such as Design/Bid/Build and Design/Build
* Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
* Extensive knowledge of furniture, fixtures, and equipment design specifications and procurement.
What you will do:
* Work in close partnership with our clients, providing support and design solutions needed for the project
* Lead multiple medium to large-scale commercial projects
* Collaborate with the Design Directors and all members of the Neumann/Smith team to ensure that our powerful methodology is delivered throughout the entire project life cycle
* Planning, coordination, and implementation of projects from start to finish
* Monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members
* Deliver exceptional design solutions and design thinking for clients on time and on budget
* Participate in documentation and reviewing CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, compliance with MEP and other building systems, codes, and ADA requirements
* Contribute to our culture of equality, creativity, and innovation; think outside the box
Your Education + Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or equivalent degree is preferred
* AIA / NCIDQ licensure and/or LEED certification are assets
* Advanced Revit skills
* Working knowledge of Enscape rendering software, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office
What We Offer:
* A diverse project portfolio including higher education, workplace, community, retail, mixed-use, multi-family housing, adaptive reuse, master planning, and hospitality.
* A creative, collaborative, studio workplace where no day is the same.
* An open studio environment where team members of all tenure and expertise learn from one another
* Personal growth opportunities such as company-wide mentoring programs, CEU events, and volunteering opportunities
* Full benefits, PTO, and personal time
* Flexible work policy
Neumann/Smith is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Southfield, MI 48034: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* AIA or NCIDQ (Preferred)
Work Location: In person