October 24, 2023
Dokes Design Architecture
Experience: 6+ Years
Dokes Design Architecture, LLC, a growing firm, is seeking a creative, and highly motivated individual to join our team in the role of Technical Architectural Designer. The ideal candidate is a mature project leader with strong technical skills who can lead a project independently. They will consult with client and stakeholder groups, coordinate document production, coordinate project sub-consultants, and oversee timely completion of a project. The candidate will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of an architectural project.
• 6+ years of experience in Architectural/Design Services and registered Architect (or in the process of registration).
• Skilled and effective at day-to-day ongoing management of a project and support team.
• Proven ability to oversee Project Schedules and Cost Estimate
• Capable of Design Development, Construction Drawings, and Details
• Excellent technical proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative spirit.
• Desire to be a part of a dynamic small business that continues to evolve.
• Professional master’s degree in architecture from an accredited university.
• Software Proficiency in AutoCAD is required
• Software Proficiency in all MS Office programs is required
• Software Proficiency in Revit
• Software Proficiency in SketchUp and Photoshop
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to work independently while being meticulous, detail-oriented, and well-organized
• Manage and lead the design of 2-3 projects at a time, including management of design teams, project schedules, and budgets
• Assist with design, detailing, and drawing of other projects in the office Create project designs and plans for all phases of projects and coordinate building design consultants while monitoring drawings
• Coordinate directly with clients, consultants, and contractors throughout design
• Construction administration, including site visits, RFI’s, and submittal review
• Ability to lead multidisciplinary design teams through the development of new buildings and renovation designs.
• Lead client meetings, present designs, and review with clients.
• Determine client schedules and work within budgets set by client.
• Participate in promotional efforts to secure projects.
• Participate in proposal review and contract negotiation process.
• Coordinate all trades and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings
• Assists with project specifications by providing relevant and required
product, equipment information, and compiling and analyzing relevant data
• Develop project documentation for multiple projects of varying scale and type
• Assist in developing programmatic documentation and studies
• Clearly communicate design internally and externally
• Prepare construction drawings and specifications to meet owner’s goals
• Assist with construction administration and closeout documentation efforts
• Apply knowledge of design, construction methodology, architectural building systems, codes, and material application
• Have the opportunity to work in a primarily ‘remote’ environment yet have the ability to work in the field or at one of our office hubs as needed.
Some travel is required throughout the State of Michigan
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds or more although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel and site visits.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please email your resume, portfolio, and contact information to email@example.com.