March 23, 2023
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 8 years
At CR architecture + design, Our Values of Passion, Collaboration, Integrity, & Innovation transform into Creating Extraordinary Places; as we endeavor to build, grow and enhance the world and space around us.
If you are an experienced Project Manager, that fully understands what it takes to deliver a project from conception to closeout, and is team-focused and customer service savvy, we would love to chat.
If you thrive (or at least enjoy) client interaction and the ability to grow client relationships and team member leadership skills; this is the role for you!
As the Project Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing all design, technical, and administrative project efforts, serve as the primary client liaison, and actively engage in key client relationships. You’ll be accountable for the overall project success including design and technical quality, profitability, risk mitigation, meeting firm, and client-defined metrics, and ensuring the highest probability of repeat business.
As Project Manager, you will lead, manage, and hold accountable the project’s internal and external team members including the client. You will, also, supervise and direct an internal team of Designers, Architects Interior Designers.
HOW YOU SUCCEED
– Actively plan, organize, and direct the work, throughout the life of the project; ensuring that the quality of the work product provided meets firm and client standards, and the project is successfully delivered.
– Determine the appropriate team structure including consultants, identify the scope of work, fees, and schedules, and in conjunction with senior leadership, prepare proposals and contracts.
– Establish and actively manage project deliverables, budgets, and schedules; ensure billable hours, team utilization, and financial goals are met; execute projects on time, while meeting CR’s standard of quality. Efficiently monitor scope creep.
– Actively manage resource allocation and planning.
– Attend, lead, and manage project meetings.
– Actively secure and seek continued and new business development opportunities with existing clients.
– Provide consistent, clear, and effective communication to internal and external team members, clients, and external stakeholders.
– Lead, train, and mentor junior team members.
– Participate in employee interviews and performance management process.
– Participate in RFP/RFQ responses and attend project presentations.
WHAT YOU NEED
– Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
– 8 years of professional project management experience within the architectural field; including financial performance, resource planning, budgeting, forecasting, and client relationship management is preferred; a minimum of 5 years is required.
– Professional Architectural Registration is required for consideration for a senior-level position.
– Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following market sectors: retail, higher ed, residential, office, hospitality, public safety, and or mixed-use is preferred.
– Understanding of client expectations and the full life cycle of projects and effective project management.
– Demonstrated success in building, nurturing, and fostering existing client relationships, and motivating and leading internal and external teams.
– Knowledge of structural and MEP systems, zoning ordinances, accessibility/building codes, industry standards, appropriate use and detailing of materiality, and typical construction practice.
– Knowledge of Revit, with the ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness; and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
– Experienced in negotiating client contracts and consultant agreements.
– Experience utilizing Deltek Vantagepoint, to track financial performance, resource planning, budgeting, forecasting, and approving timesheets is preferred.
– Exceptional communication skills: including written, verbal, and presentation.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
– Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting.
– Ability to travel as needed.
– Understand how to impact major and minor KIP’s, and with the authority given, have the ability to properly manage to ensure ultimate project success.
– Timely and efficiently report to senior leadership, the status of projects, and have the ability to make recommendations of resolutions; to ensure overall project success.
– Professional demeanor, sense of urgency, desire to teach and learn, comfortable with public speaking and conflict resolution.
– LEED-certified and/or experience in WELL Building Standard is preferred.
PERKS THAT WORK
Competitive Compensation & Bonus Plan • Competitive Benefit Plan • 401(k) Profit Sharing • Convenient Downtown Office Location • Parking/Transit Allowance • Career Tracks • Professional Development Allowance • Career Coaching • CR Offices Located Nationwide • Office Celebrations •Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays • Lunch-and-Learns • Employee Engagement & Wellness Programs• Tuition Reimbursement
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.