October 24, 2023
Bloomfield Hills, MI & Kalamazoo, MI
Experience: 8+ Years
TMP Architecture, Inc. is an architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of facilities for life-long learning. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven approach to problem-solving and provide the highest level of design excellence and service for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with 8+ years of experience to work on a variety of K-12 and College & University projects. Candidates must have strong technical abilities and experience leading a multidisciplinary team through the entire project process from inception to completion.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Plan, design, and manage the education projects for K-12, College, and University markets.
• Organize and manage the projects assigned.
• Ability to lead multidisciplinary design teams through the development of new buildings and renovation designs.
• Lead client meetings, present designs, and review with clients.
• Determine client schedules and work within budgets set by client.
• Participate in promotional efforts to secure projects.
• Participate in proposal review and contract negotiation process.
The Project Manager is responsible for supervising and guiding in-house staff assigned to work on their projects to stay within budget and on schedule.
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
– A professional license to practice architecture
Knowledge and Skills
– Experience and interest in projects for education
– Strong work ethic
– Exceptional communication skills
– Excellent collaboration ability
– Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit preferred
– At least eight years of experience in a Project Manager role with a focus on the K-12 and College and University markets.
Some travel is required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a
need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.