July 10, 2023
Detroit Architectural Group
Wyandotte & Farmington Hills
Experience: 10 years
A Project Manager (PM) at DAG is expected to lead projects with great autonomy, technical skill and ability. They must have experience leading a multidisciplinary team through the entire project process from inception to completion and collaborating with all disciplines to facilitate the development of integrated documentation that meets the design intent.
It is essential the PM has strong technical abilities and be capable of design development and production of construction drawings and details with minimal supervision. Responsible for client relations and team organization, the PM must be able to plan, allocate resources and execute all aspects of a project while overseeing the day-to-day tasks of design and construction documentation, monitor the progress of the team and consultants, and review the plans for accuracy. Attention to detail and effective communication skills are a must. As a small firm engaged in a variety of project types, there is a great opportunity for diverse challenges and growth. This position requires and expects ambition, the ability to direct less experienced staff, and support the firm’s Principals.
– Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects of varying size simultaneously, alter and manage established timetables to meet project deadlines
– Lead design, production, coordination, and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team
– Develop in-house budget, schedule, and manpower requirements to be responsive to client’s program and budget and to achieve a profit
– Coordinate with governmental agencies, prepare ordinance studies, submissions, and reviews and represent projects at municipal hearings when necessary
– Employ construction techniques that are technically complete and correct within the established design parameters, construction budgets, and schedules
– Perform site observations during construction to monitor compliance with project plans
– Review and coordinate shop drawings, submittals, etc.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
– Bachelor’s Degree (min.) from an accredited university or a minimum of eight years in a firm with the ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge base
– A professional license to practice architecture or working toward licensure (Preferred)
– Minimum 10 years of related professional experience
– Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite; Knowledge of Revit, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop a plus
– Appropriate knowledge of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; construction documents and specifications; building construction for a variety of building types; cost estimating and building code
– Self-motivated and possess the desire to become an integral member of the team who listens carefully to other professionals, communicates ideas articulately, and gives and executes directions
– Possess and demonstrate integrity, professionalism, a strong work ethic and business acumen, consistent analytical thinking, articulate communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to build rapport with the project team and clients