July 10, 2023
Experience: 10+ years
Neumann/Smith is comprised of complex problem solvers driven by pushing boundaries. Since 1968, we have continued to build on our legacy by providing human-centric architecture, planning, and interior design for every market sector. We value every project and take inspiration from these different market sectors, making sure our team is never bored – and our clients aren’t either. We value creativity in all its forms. At Neumann/Smith we combine design and technical in one studio: challenging our team to challenge each other, leveraging and learning from each other’s expertise. When we grow as individuals, we grow as a firm.
We are seeking a Project Manager to serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Based in our Southfield studio you will coordinate all project efforts, ensuring effective execution.
Who you are:
· Project Manager with 10 or more years of experience
· A team player who communicates effectively with sound judgment, thoroughness, and appropriate decision making
· Effective communicator who speaks confidently and articulates well
· Focused individual who works well under deadline pressure
· Experienced in commercial interiors, multi-family, higher education, or retail
What you’ll do:
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
· Coordinate all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution
· Assists with project specifications by providing relevant and required product, equipment information and compiling and analyzing data.
· Actively manage internal budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
· Represents the firm with targeted clients, consultants, contractors, and with the public.
· Prepare strategic plans for successful projects
· Write and review completed reports, plans, and calculations
Your Education + Skills:
· Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program
· Licensure preferred
· Experience in Revit developing models and technical details
· Strong understanding of building science, codes, and ADA requirements.
· Knowledge of construction types, techniques, and Construction Administration.
· Accuracy, completeness, clarity, and composition in graphic/visual and written expression.
What We Offer:
· A diverse project portfolio including higher education, workplace, community, retail, mixed-use, multi-family housing, adaptive reuse, master planning, and hospitality.
· A creative, collaborative, studio workplace where no day is the same.
· An open studio environment where team members of all tenure and expertise learn from one another
· Personal growth opportunities such as company-wide mentoring programs, CEU events, and volunteering opportunities
· Full benefits, PTO, and personal time
· Flexible work policy
Neumann/Smith is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Southfield, MI 48034: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person