June 8, 2022
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 10 Years
CR architecture + design has an exciting opportunity for experienced Project Managers. Please refer to the description below and if you are confident your skills and experience align, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you and learning more about you.
CR Office Locations: Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Dallas, Seattle, Denver.
At CR we have a passion for solving complex problems. CR provides innovative solutions through our architecture, interior design, and engineering services. From planning, design, and documentation to project close-out services, we provide a vast suite of capabilities. By partnering with our clients, integrating the experience of our team, and involving experts at every level, we bring our clients’ visions to life. We are in the business of Architecture and identifying responsibilities and measurables is how we ensure success.
CR’s core values are the behavior and mindset that support our vision and mission by shaping our culture and reflecting on what is most important to us as a business. They guide our actions and decisions, unite our team members, and define our brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and internal and external teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. A Project Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing all administrative, planning, design, and technical project efforts, serves as the primary client liaison, and actively engages in key client relationships, is a subject matter expert in one or more of CR’s market sectors, lead, manage and hold internal and external project team members accountable, train and mentor junior staff and reinforce CR’s culture. A Project Manager is accountable for the management of internal and external resources to ensure the overall project success that meets our clients and CR’s goals and objectives, which facilitates repeat business and future market sector growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead or support identifying and securing new clients and managing the growth of existing client relationships.
* Oversee the planning and organization of work throughout the life of the project. Overall accountability for successful project performance from both a client and CR perspective.
* Develop project plan which includes scopes, fees, schedules, deliverables, and team building. Monitor team performance, scope creep and identify and present additional service requests. Manage AR/AP process and support the accounting department in collection efforts.
* Lead or support RFQ/RFP responses and contract negotiations.
* Provide consistent, clear, and effective communication to internal and external team members, clients, and stakeholders.
* Attend and present at client meetings and interviews and interface with higher-level client contacts.
* Keep the Market Leader and client informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables.
* Assist Market Leaders with the development of annual business planning objectives.
* Attend and participate in industry events to increase the awareness and market presence of the organization.
* Assist with training and mentoring of junior team members.
* Participate in employee interviews and performance management process.
* Consistently monitor overall project progress and identify internal or external issues that could possibly impact project success and put forth recovery options.
* Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor along with full-time, in-person, and punctual attendance.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution along with 10+ years of related experience and professional registration is required to be considered for a senior-level position. 5+ years of related experience and actively pursuing professional registration are required to be considered for a junior-level position.
* Registration as an architect is preferred.
* Knowledge of Revit and/or AutoCAD with the ability to direct work is required.
* Thorough understanding of client expectations and the full life cycle of projects and effective project management is required.
* Demonstrated success in building, nurturing, and fostering existing client relationships and motivating and leading internal and external teams is required.
* Thorough understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications is required.
* Extensive knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards is required.
* Extensive knowledge of typical project deliveries such as Design/Bid/Build and Design/Build is required.
* Extensive knowledge of the requirements associated with the development of conceptual design, schematic design, design development, and construction document packages is required
* Experience in generating project proposals and reviewing and negotiating consultant and client contracts for professional services are required.
* Knowledge of typical KPI’s and how they are impacted is required.
* Subject matter expert in multiple building types that fall within CR’s market sector targets is preferred.
* Experience utilizing Deltek Vision or Vantage software to track financial performance, resource planning, budgeting, and forecasting is required.
* Basic understanding of general accounting terms and practices is preferred,
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, teams, and clients is required.
* Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting is required.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership qualities are preferred.
* Exceptional communications skills including written, verbal, and presentation are required.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
* Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision is required.
* Ability to remain sedentary for extended lengths of time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. is required.
* Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment and frequently communicate and exchange information with internal and external parties is required.
* Ability to drive/travel during the workday and/or overnight travel as needed is required.
* Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. The employee may be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The employee must also be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily.
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.