October 24, 2023
Bloomfield Hills, MI & Kalamazoo, MI
Experience: 5+ Years
TMP Architecture, Inc. is an architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of facilities for life-long learning. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven approach to problem-solving and provide the highest level of design excellence and service for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Project Architect with 5+ years of experience to work on a variety of K-12 and College & University projects. Candidates must have strong technical abilities and be capable of design development and production of construction drawings and details.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
• Plan or design structures for education projects for K-12, College and University markets, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
• Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
• Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
• Prepare information regarding the design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
• Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
• Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
– A professional license to practice architecture
Knowledge and Skills
– Strong aptitude for construction detailing and documentation
– Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
– Experience with the BIM platform
– Strong work ethic
– Exceptional communication skills
– Excellent collaboration ability
– Minimum 5 years as a Project Architect with a focus on the K-12 and C/U markets.
Some travel is required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.