March 23, 2023
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 8 years
At CR architecture + design, Our Values of Passion, Collaboration, Integrity; Innovation transform into Creating Extraordinary Places as we endeavor to build, grow and enhance the world and space around us. If you are a highly creative and detail-oriented Project Architect, that enjoys the complex technical aspects of delivering projects for clients nationwide, we would love to chat.
As a Project Architect with CR architecture + design, you will serve as a critical member of our design professionals’ network, who value collaboration, fresh insight, and bold talent. As a key team member, you’ll primarily be responsible for the oversight, direction, and coordination of documentation for projects of various complexity/scope.
Under general guidance and direction from a Sr. PA and/or PM, as Project Architect, you will be accountable for project delivery, including the assurance of technical quality and execution of tasks within the budgeted hours of the project and the scheduled timeframe, while adhering to firm and client standards. As Project Architect, you will lead, manage, and hold accountable, internal and external project team members, including the client.
HOW YOU SUCCEED
– Lead in the development of design documentation in various architectural phases: including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections, details, etc.
– Utilize Revit and other software to produce architectural design and technical drawing packages.
– Lead the evaluation and assimilation of the design changes, into the design documentation.
– Analyze, interpret, and apply applicable codes, regulations, and requirements.
– Lead the coordination of the technical specifications, with contract drawings, to meet project requirements.
– Conduct site surveys and document existing conditions.
– Lead the coordination of the architectural design with other team members, disciplines, contractors, owners, and external consultants.
– Lead the construction administration duties.
– Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and review the work of less experienced team members.
WHAT YOU NEED
– Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
– 8 years of professional project architect experience is preferred; a minimum of 5 years is required.
– Professional Architectural Registration is required for consideration for a senior-level position.
– Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following market sectors: retail, higher ed, residential, office, hospitality, public safety and or mixed-use is preferred.
– Proficient in Revit, with the ability to effectively execute project documentation and design intent, and direct others to do the same is required.
– Understands quality assurance/control processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions, with the ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness.
– Detailed understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
– Knowledge of structural and MEP systems, zoning ordinances, accessibility/building codes, industry standards, appropriate use and detailing of materiality, and typical construction practices.
– Understanding of the permitting and entitlement process.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
– Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting.
– LEED-certified and/or experience in WELL Building Standard is preferred.
PERKS THAT WORK
Competitive Compensation & Bonus Plan • Competitive Benefit Plan • 401(k) Profit Sharing • Convenient Downtown Office Location • Parking/Transit Allowance • Career Tracks • Professional Development Allowance • Career Coaching • CR Offices Located Nationwide • Office Celebrations • Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays • Lunch-and-Learns • Employee Engagement & Wellness Programs • Tuition Reimbursement
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made on a non discriminatory basis and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.