February 22, 2018
Experience: 10 Years
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, we create great places. And we do it by being uncompromisingly people-centric and delivering innovation day in and day out.
As more than 400 professionals delivering award-winning work across the architecture, engineering and planning spheres, we believe that collaboration breeds higher-grade solutions and that something incredible grows from a team of experts with individual specialties.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
As the Project Architect, you will provide technical leadership to the overall approach to the development and implementation of the solution to our client’s needs. Your technical expertise will be instrumental in working with teams on high-level problem solving for projects and working with Project Managers, directors, and Practice Leaders to maintain client satisfaction, create new business opportunities and enhance OHM’s regional and national reputation as a technical expert.
• Provides high-level technical expertise on projects.
• Develops programming needs, design concepts, and overall project goals.
• Develops work plans, schedules and budgets related to technical tasks of a Scope of Services.
• Performs quality assurance and quality control of project deliverables.
• Stays abreast of and maintains an expertise in industry-specific standards, codes, permit agency requirements.
• Continues to advance the firm through professional leadership through training and mentoring staff.
• Informs and discusses potential technical issues with the team, taking appropriate action to solve project’s technical related issues.
• Anticipates technical issues before they become problems, including advising the team on alternatives and providing recommendations for solving technical issues.
• Effectively communicating goals, alternatives, recommendations, and outcomes related to their expertise to project team, client, and public (memos, reports, presentations, etc.)
What You’ll Need to Succeed
• Minimum 10 years of experience, preferred experience with Municipal and/or K-12 projects.
• Professional Registration (Michigan preferred, Ohio and Tennessee optional)
• LEED-Accredited Professional preferred
• Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Sketchup, Bluebeam, Lumion, and Formit.
• Must be experienced in architectural design, detailing and documentation of new building, restoration and renovation projects.
• Must be able to document and present work through hand sketching, computer drafting, and other innovative methods to team & clients in a clear and concise manner.
• Experience with Michigan agencies, including LARA, Bureau of Fire Services and County Plan Review Offices is a plus
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Innovative problem-solving skills with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you win at work and life. Please apply for this position and read about some of our self-designed career advancement and enrichment programs (OHM Wellness, OHM Grad School, and OHM University) on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.