October 15, 2019
Thomas Roberts Architect
Experience: 5+ Years
Thomas Roberts Architect is a small design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. Our Studio focuses on the adaptive reuse of historic buildings, additions to those buildings and new buildings in existing urban settings. Our clients include private developers, community development organizations, and public institutions. The projects range in size from small to large offering much opportunity for professional growth.
Thomas Roberts Architect is looking for a Project Architect. We are seeking a talented individual who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates creativity and entrepreneurial spirit and one who can roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Working with us, you will:
• Be able to independently provide the full range of architectural services on a small to medium-sized project.
• Find technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving the design intent.
• Be able to prepare, coordinate, and complete a construction documents package.
• Lead coordination of consultants of all disciplines.
• Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
• Evaluate, select and/or approve materials and products.
• Lead day-to-day construction administration activities including coordination with the Contractor, Owner, and Consultants to maintain project progress.
• Refine and further develop design concepts given by others.
• Create and develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects.
• Oversee design work of others to ensure an integrated and cohesive design.
• Present design solutions to client representative and/or design review committees.
• Supervise the development of renderings for client presentations.
• Manage one or more small to medium-sized projects (including negotiating project scope, job production and quality, fee management and collection).
• Evaluate job performance and organize and lead team meetings involving consultants and/or owners.
• Follow and enforce quality control procedures.
• Coordinate all trades and agencies related to building design to preserve design intent.
• Obtain agency approvals on construction documents.
• Participate in the preparation of proposals after being given the vision and strategy for the marketing effort.
• Maintain and develop relationships with past, current and new clients.
An ideal candidate:
• 5 years minimum of experience with a professional degree in Architecture
• LEED AP accreditation preferred.
• Architectural Registration preferred.
• High proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design programs are beneficial, but not required.
• Ability to travel to local job sites.
• Ability to produce and coordinate a complete set of construction documents for permitting and bidding on small projects.
• Ability to demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction and technical competence.
Contact Tom Roberts with inquiries at 734.250.4032 or email@example.com