July 10, 2023
Detroit Architectural Group
Wyandotte & Farmington Hills
Experience: 5 years
A Project Architect (PA) at DAG is responsible for producing a high-quality set of construction documents for each project by employing design solutions reflective of the programmed goals and objectives of the client, established design parameters, budget constraints, and visual, functional, and technical design parameters. The PA is expected to hold competent knowledge of building systems including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
The PA must have strong and growing technical abilities and be capable of design development and production of construction drawings and details with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and effective communication skills are a must. As a small firm engaged in a variety of project types, there is great opportunity for diverse challenges and growth. This is a position that requires and expects ambition and the ability to support the Principal and Project Manager and direct less experienced staff.
– Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects of varying size simultaneously, alter and manage established timetables to meet project deadlines.
– Prepare scale drawings and architectural designs, using CAD/Revit or other tools
– Capably document existing site/building observations, measuring and documentation
– Direct, coordinate, and monitor the development of technically complete architectural designs and correct building systems during all phases of the project
– Coordinate with governmental agencies and prepare ordinance studies, submissions and reviews
– Employ construction techniques that are technically complete and correct within the established design parameters, construction budgets, and schedules
– Review and coordinate shop drawings, submittals, etc.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
– Bachelor’s Degree (Min.) from an accredited university or a minimum of eight years in a firm with the ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge base
– A professional license to practice architecture or working toward licensure (Preferred)
– Minimum 5 years of related professional experience
– Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite; Knowledge of Revit, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop a plus
– Fluent in the use of the International Building Code, Michigan Building Code and Barrier Free Guidelines.
– Self-motivated and possess the desire to become an integral member of the team
– Possess and demonstrate integrity, professionalism, a strong work ethic, consistent analytical thinking, articulate communication skills (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills
– Ability to listen carefully to other professionals, communicate ideas articulately and execute directions.
– Strong aptitude for construction detailing and documentation with strong emphasis on Code Review and Compliance