November 15, 2022
Experience: 5 years
The Project Architect is responsible for producing a high-quality set of construction documents including drawings and specifications for each project by employing appropriate comprehensive building systems reflective of the programmed goals and objectives of the client, established design parameters, budget constraints, and visual, functional, and technical design parameters.
Our belief in people leads us to work with project partners that have people at their center. Our company values are:
- Investing in People
- Achieving the Extraordinary
- Serving with Humility
- Finding Fun in Our Work
- Committing Ourselves to Mutual Success
- Fearlessly Exploring
- Striving for Authenticity
- Provides building systems that employ construction techniques that are technically complete and correct within the established design parameters, construction budgets, and schedules.
- Establishes and maintains budgets and schedules, as well as monitors adherence to terms of contract expectations.
- Coordinates the architectural with all disciplines and consultants from design development documents phase through project completion.
- Coordinates schedule of drawing for all contract documents.
- Communicates with the client, other disciplines, and consultants, as required.
- Leads team (with assistance from Design Architect) in designing a building that meets applicable codes and standards.
- Reviews and coordinates shop drawings.
- Prepares, or assists in the preparation of, construction administration phase documents.
- Assists Construction Administrator in conducting periodic on-site inspections prior to substantial completion.
- Directs, coordinates, and monitors the development of technically complete and correct building systems in all phases of the project.
- Supervises assigned support staff.
- Initiates “Redicheck” review of the Contract Documents prior to issuance to the owner.
- Recommends and organizes technical professional programs for Firm-wide attendance.
- Mentors Architectural Interns and other new Architectural staff.
- Assists with marketing, as needed.
- Pursues continuing education opportunities through seminars and participation in professional organization activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Director and Project Manager
General Direction: Plans and arranges own work. Uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish assigned objectives.
Informal leadership: Determines work assignments, priorities, and procedures for team members. Responsible for assigning, scheduling, and ensuring the quality and quantity of work. May or may not approve time off and schedule adjustments. Provides training.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree specializing in Architecture or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) years of facilities design experience
- AIA Licensure
- K-12 educational facility and commercial building design experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit, preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with the project team to carry the project through SD, DD, CD, and CA.
- Possess and demonstrate strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver sustainable results through innovative thinking, complex problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Appropriate knowledge of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; construction documents and specifications; building construction for a variety of building types; cost estimating and building codes.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Dan Tryles at email@example.com