November 15, 2022
Experience: 3-5 years
The Interior Designer provides a complete and coordinated interior design reflecting the programmed goals and objectives of the client, is consistent with the client’s financial and schedule constraints and meets the highest standards of visual, functional, technical, and sustainable design quality.
Our belief in people leads us to work with project partners that have people at their center. Our company values are:
- Investing in People
- Achieving the Extraordinary
- Serving with Humility
- Finding Fun in Our Work
- Committing Ourselves to Mutual Success
- Fearlessly Exploring
- Striving for Authenticity
- Provides a complete interior design (including loose and fixed furniture), relative to the nature of the project within established budgets, schedules, and program requirements.
- Leads, along with the Architect, client programming sessions.
- Works with other Interior Designers from our affiliate offices.
- Develops, along with the Architect, programming documents and reviews documents with specified committees and boards and distribute/communicate program with project team.
- Prepares schematic design in conjunction with Architect and project team, and presents to specified committees and boards.
- Develops in conjunction with the project team, design development plans and presents to specified committees and boards.
- Assists with the development of in-house budget and project schedule requirements
- Responsible for coordination of drawings with other disciplines’ work
- Selects interior finishes, colors, equipment, and specialty lighting fixtures
- Produces Construction Documents (drawings and specifications) as determined by project team and Interior Design department standards.
- Reviews applicable shop drawings for compliance with the design intent.
- Assists in Bidding and Construction Administration phase, including addendums, bulletins, RFI’s and change orders.
- Assists Construction Administrator in conducting periodic on-site inspections prior to substantial completion.
- Communicates consistently with client, team, and consultants, throughout project phases to ensure client satisfaction.
- Responsible for the quality of all interior specifications/materials/aesthetics.
- Updates and maintains interiors library.
- Recommends and organizes technical and professional development programs for firm with attendance.
- Participates in QA/QC process to coordinate all disciplines at Contract Document Phase, prior to issuance to owner and construction manager / general contractor.
- Assists in the preparation of design presentations.
- Utilizes BIM software as a tool for design and development of construction documents.
- Assists with Marketing as required and participates in client interviews as needed.
- Pursues continuing education opportunities through seminars and participation in professional organization activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Direction: Plans and arranges own work. Uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish assigned objectives.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Interior Design or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in commercial interior design
- Possess or currently pursuing NCIDQ license
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of interiors, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and technology disciplines; interior construction; cost estimating; applicable building codes; interior specifications.
- Experience working directly with clients and good communication skills.
- Strong computer aptitude including thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Office.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
- Possess and demonstrate solid analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Dan Tryles at email@example.com