June 8, 2022
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 2+ Years
(Architectural / Technical Support)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Project Architect
CR architecture + design has an exciting opportunity for experienced Designers. Please refer to the description below and if you are confident your skills and experience align, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you and learning more about you.
CR Office Locations: Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Dallas, Denver, Seattle
At CR we have a passion for solving complex problems. CR provides innovative solutions through our architecture, interior design, and engineering services. From planning, design, and documentation to project close-out services, we provide a vast suite of capabilities. By partnering with our clients, integrating the experience of our team, and involving experts at every level, we bring our clients’ visions to life. We are in the business of Architecture and identifying responsibilities and measurables is how we ensure success.
CR’s core values are the behavior and mindset that support our vision and mission by shaping our culture and reflecting on what is most important to us as a business. They guide our actions and decisions, unite our team members, and define our brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Designer is responsible for assisting in the development of architecture projects of various complexity/scope. A Designer is primarily responsible under the guidance and direction of a senior team member assisting in developing and delivering successful projects. A Designer is accountable for the successful completion of assigned tasks, which meet the quality standards of CR and within the allocated budget and timeframe.
Responsibility and Measurables:
As a Designer, you will take ownership for the delivery of assigned tasks. You will be measured by the quality and completeness of your work and whether assigned tasks are performed within the allocated timeframe and hours.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Assist in the development of design and technical documentation in various project phases, including 3d modeling, renderings, site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections, details, schedules and project specifications etc.
* Utilize hand drawings, sketches and/or software to produce design deliverables.
* Utilize Revit/BIM/CAD and other software to produce technical deliverables.
* Assist in developing project technical specifications and managing client standards.
* Assist in site surveys and documenting existing conditions.
* Assist in design strategy, client review meetings, and presentations.
* Assist in coordination efforts with internal/external teams and associated stakeholders.
* Assist with contract administration duties.
* Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
* Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor along with full-time, in-person, and punctual attendance.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution along with 2+ years of related experience and actively pursuing professional registration is required to be considered for a senior-level position. 1+ years of related experience is required to be considered for a junior-level position.
* Highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D rendering, and design software including SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign with the ability to effectively execute design and technical documentation is required.
* Actively pursuing professional development including LEED certification and professional registration is preferred.
* Basic understanding of building materials, systems, codes, and standards and how they are applied is preferred.
* Basic understanding of typical project delivery methods such as Design/Bid/Build, CM, Fast Track, and Design/Build is preferred.
* Basic understanding of the documentation requirements associated with the development of conceptual design, schematic design, design development, and construction document packages is preferred.
* Ability to work independently is required.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
* Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting is required.
* Exceptional communications skills including written, verbal, and presentation is required.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
* Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision is required.
* Ability to remain sedentary for extended lengths of time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. is required.
* Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment and frequently communicate and exchange information with internal and external parties is required.
* Ability to drive/travel during the workday and/or overnight travel as needed is required.
* Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. The employee may be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The employee must also be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily.
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.