August 17, 2023
Experience: 4-6 years
M Architects is a small practice of less than 10 people in Downtown Northville. We are a community-focused firm meaning we have several projects in Northville stemming from both established and ongoing relationships, which is at the core of our beliefs in architecture. We lend our time, expertise, and finances to the continued growth of the City of Northville and surrounding areas. We also have several projects throughout Michigan and are currently building relationships in 6 other states. We apply our beliefs in community and relationships to all of our projects regardless of their location.
Our project typologies, both renovations and new build, include:
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to fill a key missing component of our growing firm. The requirements and work duties listed are typical for this type of position but may include additional duties as needed or as the candidate grows professionally. Being a small firm day to day tasks may vary as will the candidate’s exposure to a multitude of aspects of our profession. In general, a Project Manager with M Architects will be involved and responsible for a project from inception to completion working closely with our Principal and other team members.
– Minimum 4-6 years experience in Architectural/Design Services
– Strong technical abilities and experience for commercial projects with a firm understanding of construction practices and building code requirements, including experience working with contractors
– Strong management and problem-solving skills and an innate desire to produce meaningful work in collaboration with our full project team through outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to work independently while being meticulous, detail-oriented, and well organized
– Exceptional time management skills
– Software Proficiency in AutoCAD is required
– Software Proficiency is all MS Office programs is required
– Software Proficiency in Revit is heavily preferred
– Software Proficiency in SketchUp and Photoshop is preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required
– Master’s Degree from an accredited university is preferred
Some travel required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
Duties Will Include:
– Coordinate and perform all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects
– Managing and performing the day-to-day tasks associated with multiple concurrent projects as assigned while adhering to established deadlines
– Actively manage client budgets, schedules, programs, and shaping the documentation sets
– Managing and mentoring a diverse team including architectural staff and A/E consultants while keeping leadership informed
– Oversight and performing the tasks required for projects through all Architectural phases including: Project
Initiation, Site Plan Review, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Contract Administration
– Develop solutions and create project designs, plans, specifications, and detailing
– Other duties and projects as assigned
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Position is full-time (45 hrs./wk.) with overtime as dictated by workload. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and skillset with ample room for advancement. Benefits include vacation and flextime, and work-from-home capabilities.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, electronic portfolio of your work, professional references, and salary requirements to Robert E Miller, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org