August 17, 2023
Experience: 1-3 years
M Architects is a small practice of less than 10 people in Downtown Northville. We are a community focused firm meaning we have several projects in Northville stemming from both established and ongoing relationships, which is at the core of our beliefs in architecture. We lend our time, expertise and finances to the continued growth of the City of Northville and surrounding areas. We also have several projects throughout Michigan and are currently building relationships in 6 other states. We apply our beliefs in community and relationships to all of our projects regardless of their location.
Our project typologies, both renovations and new build, include:
We are currently seeking an Architectural Intern to fill a key missing component of our growing firm. The requirements and work duties listed are typical for this type of a position, but may include additional duties as
needed or as the candidate grows professionally. Being a small firm day to day tasks may vary as will the candidate’s exposure to a multitude of aspects of our profession.
– Minimum 1-3 years experience in Architectural/Design Services
– Strong problem-solving skills and an innate desire to produce meaningful work in collaboration with our full project team through outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, while being meticulous, detail-oriented and well organized
– Software Experience in AutoCAD is required
– Software Experience is all MS Office programs is required
– Software Experience in Revit is heavily preferred
– Software Experience in SketchUp and Photoshop is preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required
– Past experience working in an architectural office is required
Some travel required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
Duties Will Include:
– Assist the project team with formatting of documents for client and/or municipal reviews
– Assist the project team with schematic design drawings
– Assist the project team with design development drawings
– Assist the project team with construction documents
– Assist the project team with contract administration
– Research of materials and methods of construction
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Position is full-time (45 hrs./wk.) with overtime as dictated by workload. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and skillset with ample room for advancement. Benefits include vacation and flextime, and work-from-home capabilities.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, electronic portfolio of your work, professional references, and salary requirements to Robert E Miller, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org