April 4, 2023
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
Roush Facilities department supports company offices, machine shops, and other workspaces in more than 20 buildings around the metro Detroit, MI area along with out-of-state locations. The Facilities team develops plans for shop and office reconfigurations, new program setups, and other needs for the company.
Are you a college student looking for an internship in the field of architecture and construction? Roush is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented summer intern to support a range of department projects while gaining valuable hands-on experience (including AXP/IDP support, if applicable) in various aspects of design and construction. This position is local to the Livonia, MI area.
* Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in the production of CAD drawings for the development and detailing of office and industrial spaces
* Participates in auditing and updating record drawings and building information for company facilities
* Assists in the field measuring and documenting layout, equipment, and existing conditions in company buildings
* Participates in employee training
* Other various activities as needed
* Must be pursuing Bachelor’s degree, majoring in architecture, architectural engineering, civil engineering, or a related major
* Minimum junior standing in college
* Completed coursework in at least 2 of: Construction Systems; HVAC Systems; Electrical and Lighting Systems; or equivalent experience with same
* Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week
* Must have familiarity and ability to create drawings with Autodesk AutoCAD
* Must be computer literate; familiarity with Microsoft family of office software
* Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Roush Interns must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
* Must be able to travel between local Roush buildings as needed
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.