July 10, 2023
Royal Oak, MI
Experience: 2+ years
GMB is currently seeking a full-time entry-level Architectural BIM Technician.
We are seeking professionals interested in gaining and applying Revit knowledge in the discipline of Architecture. A professional in this role collaborates with GMB’s project teams in all aspects of project design and construction documentation.
Why Work with Us?
This is the part where most job descriptions jump into the responsibilities and requirements for the role being posted – and we’ll get there shortly! But we like to start with the why instead of the what.
Our purpose is to help build strong communities through educational opportunities. We focus on projects within the educational ecosystem, from Pre-K through Higher Education, and spaces in our community that support lifelong learning. Our team of educational planners, architects, and engineers get to work on a wide range of project types for a diverse set of clients, and we’re proud of the impact that our work has on the lives and trajectories of students throughout the Midwest. Will you join us?
As an Architectural BIM Technician at GMB you will:
* Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection, sketching, and drawing existing conditions
* Prepare technical drawings from sketches, notes, details, and/or verbal instructions
* Produce construction drawings including plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules, etc.
* Have the opportunity to work in a primarily ‘remote’ work environment yet have the ability to work in one of our learning hubs as needed
What type of knowledge do I need to succeed in this role?
More than a specific degree and exact number of years of experience, we’re most excited about what kind of knowledge you bring. For this role, we are seeking entry-level knowledge with the ability to learn and use professional concepts to apply company guidelines and procedures to resolve routine issues.
Some components that may help indicate you are at this knowledge milestone include more tangible items like:
* Minimum two (2) year associate’s degree in engineering/drafting technology or related 2+ years’ experience preferred
* Knowledge of Autodesk Revit for production of design documents
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Enthusiasm for understanding and creating construction drawings
* Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
What might set you apart from other candidates?
* Relevant experience in the Architectural, Engineering, or Construction field including internship or volunteer work
* Ability to use Autodesk Revit MEP, AutoCAD, or other 3D modeling, Animation, Rendering computer graphics programs
* Connection or passion for the educational market
We might be a great match for each other if you are:
* A self-starter with great time management skills who thrives in an environment with team-based decision-making.
* An individual who strives to learn and grow, is motivated by their team’s success , and works hard to ensure it.
* Someone who enjoys trying new ideas and constantly improving.
What you might also like to know is that:
We’re an employee-owned company. This means that 100% of the ownership at GMB is held by us as employees. Our creativity, skills, and expertise have a direct impact on our value and growth. Your role as a teammate will have a direct impact on the company’s actions and result in a share in its profits.
GMB doesn’t operate within a hierarchical pyramid structure; instead, we operate as a network of teams that come together around specific goals to achieve our overarching purpose. We think this is a better way to work and helps everyone reach their potential.
Finally, at GMB we embrace a flexible workplace that empowers each person to decide where and how they work best. Our inclusive, people-first culture encourages teams to collaborate, communicate and find fulfillment personally and professionally, regardless of location or schedule.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefits package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.