Date: May 09, 2019 | Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
AIA Center for Practice Firm Roundtables
Are you a firm leader looking to connect with peers?
The AIA Center for Practice is bringing together a diverse pool of firm leaders to discuss the future of architecture practice. Pair up with like-minded professionals for this roundtable discussion facilitated by an experienced colleague. You’ll hear from peers about the most pressing issues in firm leadership development and explore different approaches to training, advancement, and performance evaluation. Share your most pressing issues affecting your firm’s prosperity and explore different approaches to business development, financial performance, innovative business models, leadership development, and workplace culture.
This enlightening discussion will leave you with concrete information, new ideas and connections to advance your practice.
6:20pm, Introduction to the AIA Center for Practice
6:30pm – 7:15pm, Roundtable discussions, participants rotate from table to table to topics of interest
8:00pm, Event concludes
2 KEY TOPIC AREAS FOR DISCUSSION:
· How do you identify leadership potential and foster growth?
· How is the perspective of the next generation of leadership incorporated or heard?
· What type of training, mentoring or other opportunities are beneficial to developing leadership capabilities in staff?
· What qualities of leadership are needed the most in your firm? What can be done to foster or identify these?
· What is your current succession planning or ownership transition?
· What are the barriers to change and transition?
· How or do you recognize and reward performance?
· What issue looms largest on your horizon?
Audience: This roundtable is open to current and aspiring firm leaders from firms large and small.
The mission of the AIA Center for Practice is to facilitate easy and effective access to and integration of relevant AIA resources and services to enable its members’ practices to thrive.