February 22, 2018
Experience: 10-15 Years
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, we create great places. And we do it by being uncompromisingly people-centric and delivering innovation day in and day out.
As more than 400 professionals delivering award-winning work across the architecture, engineering and planning spheres, we believe that collaboration breeds higher-grade solutions and that something incredible grows from a team of experts with individual specialties.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
As the Project Manager, you lead the project team in creating a successful project and maintaining client satisfaction. With a passion to be a trusted advisor to clients, utilizing your collaborative team of experts with each their own strengths, you will provide the best solutions to meet your client needs and deliver to the successful projects.
• Prepares and manages scope, schedule, and budget for proposals, contracts, and modifications.
• Responsible for managing project task budgets, work plans, consultants, and schedules.
• Develop detailed project schedules and communicate/assign/track key deliverable dates to project team.
• Oversee & direct project production team members across multiple disciplines.
• Provides coaching to project staff and other project managers.
• Project construction estimating.
• Anticipates project issues before they become problems, including advising the team on alternatives and providing recommendations for solving technical issues.
• Effectively communicating goals, alternatives, recommendations, and outcomes related to their expertise to project team, client, and public (memos, reports, presentations, etc.)
What You’ll Need to Succeed
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience, preferred experience with Municipal and/or K-12 projects.
• Professional Registration (Michigan preferred, Ohio and Tennessee optional)
• Experience with Michigan agencies, including LARA, Bureau of Fire Services and County Plan Review Offices is a plus
• Possesses significant knowledge in the application of design procedures, practices, and standards in the State/region.
• Proficient in project management, general operational, business and discipline software including software in the areas of PSMJ cost and schedule tracking tools, project management scheduling, client resource management and enterprise resource planning.
• Innovative, problem solver along with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills with proven ability to manage people and projects.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong project organizational skills to include scheduling, budget tracking and must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to document and present work through hand sketching, computer drafting, and other innovative methods to team & clients in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be able to work well with clients, staff and coordinate consultants.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you win at work and life. Please apply for this position and read about some of our self-designed career advancement and enrichment programs (OHM Wellness, OHM Grad School, and OHM University) on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.