May 21, 2019
Christian Hurttienne Architects
Experience: 3-5 Years
Christian Hurttienne Architects is seeking a talented and motived Technical Architect to join our downtown Detroit office. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multi-family residential and mixed use new construction. We have a notable history of working on historic structures for adaptive reuse and restorations, as well. Please visit our website at www.cha-c.com to learn more about us and our work.
Our partnership and staff has been curated to provide a depth of experience ranging from financing and regulatory advice, interior and exterior design, construction detailing, construction administration, and graphic communication. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded approach to architecture, which we bring to bear on programs for multi-family, mixed-use, and commercial buildings, both through new construction and the adaptive re-use of existing, often historic, structures.
Architect III Job Description
Architect, Level III position will be responsible for managing projects and coordinating all of the required efforts to assure the most efficient and successful execution to the standards set by each client and the firm’s principals. A successful individual must excel at working collaboratively while thinking independently to produce comprehensive design solutions, documentation and assist in facilitating varying project delivery methods. Tasks will include design, document production and observation during construction. Qualified candidates must have strong technical and communication skills, as well as a commitment to both design excellence and customer service.
1. Licensed, State of Michigan Registration or in-process Registration with NCARB AXP.
2. Professional degree in architecture from an accredited school of architecture.
3. 3 – 5 years of professional experience in architecture, practicing as an Architect.
4. Experienced in all phases of projects, including project management, contract documentation production and construction administration.
Position Skills / Principal Expectations
1. Demonstrated proficiency with technical design, planning, documentation and management tasks.
2. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (ordinances, codes and accessibility standards), specifications, materials, building / engineering assemblies and project delivery methods.
3. Excellent graphic, communication and organizational skills (digital and physical).
4. Proficient in creating coordinated construction document sets.
5. Resolves technical and code issues.
6. Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and / or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required.
7. Pro-active, self-disciplined, self-motivated, detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and confident.
8. Good interpersonal and professional work ethic skills and a willingness to collaborate with other team members.
9. Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
10. Ability to direct, coordinate, work with and hold accountable junior staff and retained consultants.
11. Provide quality control and peer review of prepared documents.
12. Ensure quality standards and office production standards are met by contributing to the curation of standards and review of incorporation into contract documents.
13. Demonstrated proficiency in the following software (minimum):
1. AutoDesk Revit
2. AutoDesk AutoCad
3. Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
4. Microsoft (word, excel, project).
14. Contribute to office activities, culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
Offers will be negotiated and commensurate with experience and ability.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio including demonstrated ability to Christopher Christian reachable via email