October 16, 2019
Kraemer Design Group, LLC
Experience: 4+ Years
Kraemer Design Group, LLC (KDG) is currently searching for a talented Staff Architect to join our innovative firm. KDG is an established and dynamically growing architecture and interior design firm looking to add a creative and resourceful individual to its team. The job opening is a full time, permanent position at our office located in downtown Detroit.
Candidates must minimally have a Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited school or university, and at least four (4) years of experience in an architecture office. Commercial architecture experience is required and large-scale residential, adaptive re-use, historic, retail and/or hospitality experience is a plus. Candidates must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with SpecLink and Adobe Creative Suite software a plus. Architectural Registration a plus.
• Proficient understanding of conceptual design and parti concepts.
• Be able to articulate and present design concepts.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong leadership, organization, project management, communication and relationship management skills.
• Outstanding graphic presentation skills.
• Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
• Flexibility – Ability to handle change and last-minute alterations of design or scope due to issues including: client requests, budget/schedule challenged or added benefits to overall package aesthetically or economically.
• Professional affiliations preferred: RIBA, NCARB, IIDA, AAHID, AIA, CID, NCIDQ, etc.
• Proficient with codes, agency and standards research.
• High level of interpersonal skills.
• Task management expert.
• Utilizes firm procedures and drawing standards.
• Keeps abreast of technological developments such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
• Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives on design assignments including hand sketches.
• Available for travel as needed to different locations and varying periods of time as needed on a project basis for site surveys, project management, installation, photo shoots, etc.
• Travel to a variety of industry trade shows as scheduled by manager.
• Construction Documents – Able to produce a small set of drawings including wall sections and details.
• Construction Administration – Review RFI’s and shop drawings.
Come Fly with Us!
KDG’s culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance including medical, dental and vision (60% paid by employer), company contribution to Simple IRA plan, paid vacation, paid parking and much more. Visit our Instagram and Facebook pages for an insider look into our culture such as having bottomless snack jars.
KDG is accepting resumes through November 15, 2019. Please forward your resume, cover letter and work sample(s) via confidential email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls or faxes, please). Submittals must include salary requirement, availability and professional references. To learn more about Kraemer Design Group, please visit us at www.thekraemeredge.com. KDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.