June 22, 2018
Experience: 15+ Years
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
The role of Senior Designer/Architect requires an experienced professional ready to take the lead role in project design with a command of complex technical issues, capable of directing project teams and leading communications with the client and the contractors at the most senior level. This is a leadership level position. As a member of the Business Center Leadership team the successful candidate will participate in strategic planning for the office.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members
• Conceptualize a building design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget and program
• Develop space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with Participate in development of the program and other pre-design efforts building program.
• Evaluate and select building systems and materials.
• Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
• Implement sustainable design principles.
• Analyze site incorporating geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, social and economic conditions.
• Develop a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats in order to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
• Utilize BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components
• Lead design critiques and pin-ups.
• Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of regulatory agencies in development of the building design.
• Ensure that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction
• Present the building design to stakeholders (client groups and project teams)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Familiarity with Revit, SketchUp, InDesign and Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in an energetic and challenging work environment
• Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized; team player
Education and Experience
A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution
Minimum of fifteen (15) years related architecture experience
A Portfolio is required with your application.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Point of Contact: Marcus Griffin