January 11, 2021
MHT Housing Inc.
Bingham Farms, MI
Experience: 7+ Years
MHT is a multi-disciplinary team-oriented residential development firm based in Bingham Farms, Michigan, with satellite offices in Washington State, Indiana and Detroit. Our team is composed of organized, hardworking individuals who strive to deliver exceptional value to our clients and community. We are looking to hire a Residential Project Architect to work out of our Detroit, MI office with an as soon as possible start date.
This position will involve architectural design and project coordination with a key design role on a variety of projects. Design responsibilities will include programming, schematic design, and construction documents. Construction phase responsibilities will include construction meetings, shop drawing review, and project inspections. You will lead and participate in meetings and communications with clients, contractors, and code administrators.
Applicants should have extensive Multifamily and Multistory Residential design experience, be self-motivated, efficient with minimal direction, deadline oriented, and enthusiastic about design. They should have strong leadership skills and a collaborative mentality. Individuals that demonstrate attention to detail, organizational skills, adaptability, curiosity and are willing to learn new skills will thrive in our small office environment.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work between disciplines; architecture, interior design and landscape design. Additionally, candidates should have the ability to execute and lead (or be interested in developing the ability to lead) all phases of design including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Furthermore, the ideal candidate displays a strong working knowledge of the International Building Code and construction document preparation (e.g., graphics, detailing and specifications) and organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g., review, bid, permit, etc.). Project sizes will vary and include both improvements to existing buildings and new construction.
• 7+ years of architectural office experience preferred.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Professional degree in Architecture preferred.
• Architect 1 license preferred.
• Registered Architect, in the applicable state where preforming work preferred; registration in the State of Michigan preferred.
• Interior Design experience preferred.
• Experience in construction document preparation and field observation.
• Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes.
• Appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
• Residential design experience preferred.
• Multistory design experience preferred.
• Manages multiple small projects or one medium sized project.
• Assists with the preparation of fees, scope of work, proposals and contracts.
• Assists the coordination of all aspects of assigned projects and estimates scope of work.
• Attend project meetings and coordinate the completion and distribution of meeting minutes
• Generate architectural design concepts.
• Generate and manage development of architectural design drawings.
• Interface with the Interior Design group, Site Planning Group, and Engineering Groups in developing building systems.
• Function as a Designer to the extent necessary to complete projects on schedule and within budget
• Generate and coordinate all architectural and building systems, details, drawings and specifications.
• Generate and manage development or architectural contract documents.
• Function as detailer to the extent necessary to complete projects on schedule and within budget.
• Proficiency in Revit, Autocad, Sketchup or other 3D modeling, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), Creative Suites (Photoshop, Acrobat), and Bluebeam.
• Demonstrated ability to complete work plans, review with colleagues, and identify questions, open issues, and incomplete areas.
• Strong client relationship skills.
• High level of communication and writing skills. Candidate will be communicating with consultants, clients, and building officials.
• Comfortable working independently in a small office.
Email resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com