July 30, 2019
Kohler Architecture, Inc
Experience: 5 Years
Position is full time (40 hrs./wk.) with overtime as dictated by workload. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and skillset with ample room for advancement. Benefits include vacation and flextime.
Duties will include:
• Coordinate and perform all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
• Working alongside principals and project architect in a variety of tasks including but not limited to preparing strategic plans by establishing project scope, schedules, budget, fees, and preparing proposals and contracts.
• Managing and performing the day-to-day tasks associated with multiple concurrent projects as assigned while adhering to established deadlines.
• Serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
• Actively manage client budgets, schedules, programs, and shaping the documentation sets.
• Managing and mentoring a diverse team including architectural staff and A/E consultants while keeping leadership informed.
• Provide oversight and mentoring of less experienced project managers.
• Oversight and performing the tasks required for projects through all Architectural phases including: Project Initiation, Site Plan Review, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Contract Administration.
• Develop solutions and create project designs, plans, specifications, and detailing.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
The applicant must possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Minimum 4-6 years experience in Architectural/Design Services or related Construction field.
• Strong management and problem-solving skills and an innate desire to produce meaningful work in collaboration with our principals and project teams.
• Ability to work independently.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meticulous, detail-oriented and well organized.
• Exceptional time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience and strong project management skills.
• Experience with built projects and working with contractors.
• Expansive construction knowledge including, strong technical and detailing skills of residential and commercial construction.
• Software Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office, MS Excel desired.
• Highly collaborative and able to contribute positively to and lead and efficiently manage design teams through all phases of a project. Ability to work well with others and contribute to a team environment in a positive and effective way.
• Thoughtful leadership skills and exhibit a detailed understanding of the design and management process through all phases of design and documentation.
Now entering our fourth decade of practice, Kohler Architecture, has cultivated a lively and diverse culture that places emphasis on our people, creativity and doing it right. Given our smaller size, the position offers an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience in a variety of phases and construction types. Employee will experience all aspects of a project from schematic design through on-site construction administration duties. We place a high priority on educating our staff and we support employee IDP programs and educational development.
Please email a single pdf document no more than 3MB that includes a cover letter, resume and work samples (professional if any, and/or academic) and salary history/requirements to: email@example.com