May 15, 2019
Studio Detroit Architects
Experience: 5+ Years
Studio Detroit is a firm that strives for innovation in problem solving; by resisting the notions of ‘business as usual’ and ‘that’s just the way it’s always been done’ we are continually able to create a wide variety of successful projects. We are committed to the built environment and believe that good design is a benefit to all; however, we are equally committed to maintaining budgets, schedules, and client satisfaction. Our studio culture is what sets us apart from other offices; we like to have fun at work and encourage a healthy live/work balance.
Studio Detroit is looking for a likeminded individual to join our team in Detroit. We are committed to creating a diverse environment. The position is a full time, direct hire Architectural Project Manager/ Designer who will be responsible for all phases of architectural design from concept through completion.
• As a small office we need you to oversee all phases of architectural design; including but not limited to conceptual design (yes, you really get to do this), interpretation of applicable building codes, contract documentation (SD-CD and CA) and client and consultant coordination;
• Produce 3D renderings that communicate the design intent to the client and design team;
• Assist in the development of project proposals;
• Track changes in scope, schedule and budget;
• Plan, organize and manage your own time as well as the time of team members and consultants;
• Function as a major client contact, building opportunities to develop new and existing relationships;
• Manage multiple projects/deadlines;
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
• Revit & AutoCAD proficiency required
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to sketch and illustrate 3D design concepts and convey design intent with team and clients
• 5+ years’ experience in commercial design
• Experience with Sketch-up, Lumion, Enscape, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator a plus
To apply please send your cover letter, resume & portfolio to Cassandra at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or office drop-ins.