April 20, 2022
Bloomfield Hills & Kalamazoo
Experience: 8+ Years
TMP Architecture, Inc. is an architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of facilities for life-long learning. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven approach to problem-solving and provide the highest level of design excellence and service for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Project Designer with 8+ years of experience to work on a variety of K-12 and College & University projects. Candidates must have strong technical abilities and experience working in a multidisciplinary team through the entire project process from inception to completion.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Generate conceptual designs that meet the needs of our clients
- Produce building plans/designs utilizing various software
- Contribute design support and input to the design team
- Maintain design budgets and meet client schedules
- Responsible for code compliance
- Coordinate designs with architectural materials, mechanical and electrical systems, etc.
- Attend meetings to understand the objectives of clients
- Responsible for presenting designs to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- A professional license to practice architecture, preferred
- Knowledge and Skills
- Creative ability with strong design skills
- Complete command of architectural materials, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Good drafting skills, color, and composition sense
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills with internal team and external clients
- Excellent collaboration ability
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- Previous Experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- K-12 and College/University market experience (Preferred)
- LEED Accredited (Preferred)
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting and physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
Some travel is required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.