November 4, 2021
150 W Jefferson Ave Suite 1300, Detroit, MI 48226
Experience: 15+ years specific area of experience
Point of Contact: Amy Conti, firstname.lastname@example.org
End Date for Search: 01/01/2022
NORR is an employee-owned global architecture and engineering firm. Our multi-disciplinary team of 700 professionals is active in 14 market sectors across Canada, the US, UK, and UAE. We believe the ultimate success of any project is driven by people. It involves a team of highly passionate and skilled designers working towards a unified goal, drawing on the integrated thinking of colleagues, partners, and clients. Our collaborative approach results in design solutions and programs that are holistic and make our clients successful. With an 80-year history, we continue to build on our deep experience to advance design through technology, sustainable practices, and the pursuit of excellence.
Job Description and Required Skills:
- Researching and sourcing new systems, materials, and resources; analyzes processes, procedures, and working practices to identify and implement changes to increase efficiency, quality, and overall profitability.
- Routinely reviewing all work for conformance to design, technical, and quality to ensure all requirements are met
- Supporting the project teams throughout all phases of the project to ensure a high level of service and support to the client.
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to resolve complex, technical, or unusual design issues or concerns.
- Sharing expert knowledge of current design techniques, building systems, code analysis, and construction methodologies to improve the skills of the Studio team and to ensure they are implemented on project work.
- Reviewing drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications. Uses a thorough understanding of project design requirements to translate project needs for specific materials, equipment, installation, certifications, testing, and methods applicable to a project.
- Maintaining an effective dialogue with regulatory bodies and standards organizations.
- Mentoring team members by sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Guiding the development of staff capabilities; building a culture that supports productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism; leads by example.
- Representing organization and interacting in a professional manner with client, sub-consultant, and contractor representatives.
- Making presentations to professional or client groups.
- Architectural and design software skills including Revit, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam.
- SpecLink software knowledge is an asset.
Experience Required: 15+ years specific area of experience
- Technical experience in architectural and engineering systems
- Thorough understanding of building codes
- Licensure is an asset