March 23, 2023
Lead Interior Designer
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 15+ years
Does the following describe you:
Proactive, confident, and assertive self-starter; who thrives in competitive situations?
Tenacious, determined, and persistent in championing the objective at hand?
Find it easy to engage in the art of conversation and persuasion?
Driven to be accurate and precise, with a perfectionist temperament guiding your process?
Then our Lead Interior Designer position would be an ideal fit for you – here at CR architecture + design!
As a Lead Interior Designer at CR, you will collaborate with talented colleagues, to enhance CR’s culture while directly contributing to the advancement of CR’s design abilities associated with our highly successful Market Sectors of Retail, Travel, Living, Public Safety & Working.
Utilizing your unique interior design perspective to lead, coordinate, develop, and deliver architectural projects of various complexity & scope; you will pave the way for CR’s interior designs to be realized both conceptually and materially. Specifically, in serving as the lead interior designer, for clients and teams, you’ll oversee the development of the conceptual design through project completion, interior and exterior resources planning, and ensure CR’s deliverables are achieved within budget and timeframe; all while maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction.
HOW YOU SUCCEED
– Lead, participate, create, and develop the overall interior design concepts
– Mentor and develop CR designers; provide creative direction to design teams.
– Develop and own overall design concepts, storytelling, and design presentation strategies.
– Build and sustain client relationships, and act as the primary design interface with clients, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators, both internal and external.
– Drive alignment in our designs with our, and our clients’ sustainability goals.
– Formulate design presentation strategies and provide creative process leadership to multiple
design teams, through all phases of a project.
– Interpret and distill client goals and aspirations into creative conceptual interior design solutions.
– Ensure relevant, responsible, and memorable design solutions; iteratively to reflect the
evolutionary nature of client and team goals.
– Guide the execution of design concepts throughout all phases, with particular emphasis on early phase development.
– Engage in activities that strengthen, differentiate, and promote our band locally, regionally, and nationally. (Presentation at and contribution to conferences is encouraged.)
– Showcase CR’s projects via publishing in design and market-specific media outlets, etc.
– Creatively align solutions to budget.
WHAT YOU NEED
– Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Architecture or Design or a related field from an accredited institution.
– 15+ years of experience successfully managing multi-market sectors interior design programs with recent operational management duties; including, employee development and client relationship management and growth are preferred.
– NCIDQ Certification required.
– A natural leader who enjoys guiding our clients, presenting complex interior design concepts, and working with senior leaders on business development.
– Highly proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD, SketchUp, Grasshopper, Enscape, Rhino, and Adobe Suite with the ability to effectively execute projects and direct others to do the same.
– Extensive knowledge of building construction systems means & methods, materials, and industry standards.
– Extensive knowledge of typical project deliveries such as Design/Bid/Build and Design/Build.
– Extensive knowledge of the requirements associated with the development of conceptual design, schematic design, and design development packages.
– Ability to perform quality assurance and quality control processes.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
– Strong hand drawing, sketching, and oral presentation skills.
– Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation.
– Strong doer and seller mentality and business acumen.
– Understanding of the trends in the latest technology and how to leverage them to implement or showcase interior design.
– Ability to travel as needed.
PERKS THAT WORK
Competitive Compensation & Bonus Plan • Competitive Benefit Plan • 401(k) Profit Sharing • Convenient Downtown Office Location • Parking/Transit Allowance • Career Tracks • Professional Development Allowance • Career Coaching • CR Offices Located Nationwide • Office Celebrations • Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays • Lunch-and-Learns • Employee Engagement & Wellness Programs • Tuition Reimbursement
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.