March 23, 2023
Lead Architectural Designer
CR Architecture + Design
Experience: 15+ years
Does the following describe you:
Proactive, confident, and assertive self-starter; who thrives in competitive situations?
Tenacious, determined, and persistent in championing the objective at hand?
Find it easy to engage in the art of conversation and persuasion?
Driven to be accurate and precise, with a perfectionist temperament guiding your process?
Then our Lead Architectural Designer position would be an ideal fit for you – here at CR architecture + design!
As a CR Lead Architectural Designer, and a member of our corporate studio’s leadership team, you will collaborate with talented colleagues, to enhance CR’s culture while leading our highly successful Market Sectors of Retail, Travel, Living & Working.
As you lead, coordinate, develop and deliver architectural projects of various complexity & scope; you will pave the way for CR’s culture to be realized both conceptually and materially. Specifically, in serving as the subject matter expert, for client and team, you’ll oversee the resource planning, design, and technical efforts as you spearhead and ensure CR deliverables are achieved within budget and timeframe.
HOW YOU SUCCEED
– Lead multiple projects and teams and oversees the scope of all construction phase services.
– Establish the technical resolution and innovation(s) and further the development of architectural projects through all phases that are consistent with the scope of CR’s work and goals. Integrates criteria and input from all disciplines into design solutions.
– Mentor and develop CR’s next-generation emerging professionals toward future creative
– Develop, coordinate, and review the technical specifications for the project.
– Oversee the research, review, and analysis of applicable codes. Provide code parameters and restrictions early in the design process.
– Oversee team selection and assessment of construction and building systems.
– Establish, communicate, and maintain standards of quality for documentation products for full internal and external team. Oversee the implementation of the Quality Management System for assigned projects.
– Attend and present in owner/architect design meetings and owner/architect/contractor meetings. Review and approve meeting minutes.
– Attend and facilitate weekly internal project team meetings. Together with Project Manager, Designer, and/or Project Architect, develop the meeting agenda and project status update.
– Actively participate in local and firm-wide Technical Meetings and make meaningful contributions to the advancement of activities, led by these groups.
– Foster lasting and positive relationships with clients, the design community, and important government agencies (i.e. planning departments, commissions, and advocacy groups).
– Build and sustain client relationships, and act as the primary design interface with clients, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators, both internal and external.
– Engage in activities that strengthen, differentiate, and promote our band locally, regionally, and nationally (Presentation/contribution to conferences is encouraged).
WHAT YOU NEED
– Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture or a related field from an accredited institution.
– 15+ years of experience successfully managing multi-market sectors architectural programs with recent operational management duties; including, employee development and client relationship management and growth is preferred.
– Professional Architectural Licensure is required.
– Highly proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD with the ability to effectively execute projects and direct others to do the same.
– Extensive knowledge of building construction systems means & methods, materials, and industry standards.
– Ability to perform quality assurance and quality control processes firm-wide.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple teams’ deadlines and priorities.
– Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation.
– Ability to travel as needed.
PERKS THAT WORK
Competitive Compensation & Bonus Plan • Competitive Benefit Plan • 401(k) Profit Sharing • Convenient Downtown Office Location • Parking/Transit Allowance • Career Tracks • Professional Development Allowance • Career Coaching • CR Offices Located Nationwide • Office Celebrations • Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays • Lunch-and-Learns • Employee Engagement & Wellness Programs • Tuition Reimbursement
CR architecture + design is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.