March 29, 2022
Kraemer Design Group
Experience: 2 years
Kraemer Design Group, PLC (KDG) is the industry leader in outovation; combining highly technical experience with unparalleled creativity to generate exclusive design solutions. KDG is currently searching for a Junior/Intern Specification Writer to join our established and dynamically growing architecture and interior design firm. The job opening is a full-time, permanent position at our office located in downtown Detroit.
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate who has graduated with an architectural or construction-related major. This position is responsible for supporting the specifying team in writing, editing, and coordinating Architectural/Engineering specifications with other contract documents on a variety of project types.
* Degree in architecture, engineering, construction, planning or related field.
* Minimum two (2) years working in the AEC industry working on commercial construction projects to gain a strong knowledge of building materials characteristics, performance, and compatibility, as well as construction techniques and codes, with experience writing construction specifications a plus.
* LEED Accreditation or interest in sustainable design is a plus.
* CSI Certification a plus.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills.
* AutoCAD proficiency required Revit Proficiency a plus.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
* Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment while effectively meeting project deadlines.
* Assist project teams in determining material and contract requirements for architectural projects and writing and editing architectural-based specifications for commercial projects using BSD SpecLink software.
* Collaborate with project teams to ensure budgeting for specification production and coordinate scheduling and production of project manuals.
* Function as a technical resource for material and product evaluations and selections.
* Maintain proficiency in construction products, techniques, and sequences by staying abreast of product developments, new materials, code changes, and current industry trends.
* Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and maintain KDG’s master specifications database.
* Research and comment on the proposed use of building products and materials, their suitability for the intended application, and alternative products when appropriate.
* Assist project team during construction of the project, including commenting on product submittals and substitutions.
* Assist project team members in resolving problems related to the use and installation of building materials and products that arise during the design and construction phases.
* Maintain awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
* Participate in office activities, company retreats, initiatives, and learning programs.
* Work well in a team environment. Maintain excellent customer service skills and be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff. Stay current on the latest products and innovations by traveling to a variety of industry trade shows and product tours as scheduled by the manager.
Come Fly with Us
KDG’s culture is energetic, collaborative, and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. Visit our Instagram and Facebook pages for an insider look into our culture, such as having bottomless snack jars.
We encourage our employees to lead healthy and balanced lives. Our comprehensive benefits include a competitive salary, health insurance including medical, dental, and vision (60% paid by employer), company contribution to Simple IRA plan, exam reimbursement, downtown parking, limited retirement matching, paid vacation, and much more.
KDG Is accepting resumes through May 30, 2022. Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to Hello@thekraemeredge.com (no calls, please). Submittals must include salary requirements, availability, and professional references. To learn more about Kraemer Design Group, please visit us at www.thekraemeredge.com.
KDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.