March 11, 2022
Experience: Extensive & Hands-on
Eventscape has an opportunity for a Site Lead to join our team based in Detroit. This position plays a critical role in seeing our projects through the final stage—installation— and maintaining the trust of our clients by delivering exceptional results. The ideal candidate will be a true leader with a customer focus and strong knowledge of building codes and construction techniques.
WHO ARE WE?
At Eventscape, customization is our focus, architecture is our playground, and fabrication is our expertise. As global leaders in the custom architectural fabrication space, we thrive on challenging design and strive for innovation towards one shared goal: to “build the extraordinary”! How do we do it? By refining design concepts, by providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details, and fabrication methods, and by embracing R+D as a critical part of each project. Eventscape houses dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, and installers. All this, combined with state-of-the-art machinery, means we truly are an architectural toy factory—we build things others can’t.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The site lead position will:
* Plan and prepare all project elements for installation
* Visit, survey, and evaluate sites for installation
* Coordinate with project management, design, fabrication, and other departments as necessary
* Manage all construction site logistics and deliveries
* Monitor timelines and schedules for the project; ensure design and building specifications are met
* Travel locally and internationally for installations
* Conduct regular site inspections; monitor safety on site
* Identify and mitigate obstacles affecting production, budget, or timelines
* Supervise the Eventscape team and subcontractors on-site
* Represent Eventscape at the highest level with clients on-site
* Maintain accurate records; complete and oversee all timesheets and daily reports
* Participate in the employee performance management process
* When not on-site, assist the in-house fabrication team and support the planning phases of project installation as needed
To succeed in this role, you must have:
* Extensive experience leading a team on-site as a carpentry, steelwork, or millwork foreman
* Hands-on experience with finish carpentry, millwork, or architectural metalwork
* Expert eye for detail and quality control with fine finish work
* Excellent client-facing communication skills
* Understanding of building code and safety regulations
* Ability to read blueprints and drawings
* Strong ability to manage union/nonunion install partners
* Experience with construction site logistics
* Valid driver’s license
* Ability to travel locally and abroad
* Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
WHY JOIN EVENTSCAPE?
* Claim your place in our collaborative and supportive network of multi-disciplinary architectural fabrication experts
* Join in on frequent contests, celebrations, and unique social activities
* Be inspired and challenged by our team of the most creative, talented, and passionate individuals
* A fast-growing company with opportunities for advancement
* Enjoy being at the forefront of technological innovation with our state-of-the-art machinery
* The opportunity to work on unique and challenging projects and…
* The reward of seeing those projects come to life through fabrication and installation
* Extended health and dental benefits
* Ee part of a socially conscious and family-owned company
Apply now with your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your hands-on custom fabrication experience and your relevant site supervision experience. See the original job posting here.
For more information or if you need disability accommodation, contact human resources at (416) 231-8855. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Eventscape is committed to fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Eventscape will consider all qualified candidates and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available for all stages of the selection process.