November 12, 2021
Experience: Professional degree in Architecture, or Interior Design
Fielding International, a global leader in school design, is searching for Architects/Architectural Designers with expertise in either sustainability or interior design, to join us in making the world better by improving environments for learning.
The ideal candidate is curious by nature, passionate about learning, contributes to a collaborative working environment, can handle complexity and chaos, is cool under pressure, and is passionate about how thoughtful design strategies can innovate the learning environment.
We are looking for entry to mid-level designers in all of our locations, including our Ferndale, MI, studio. Our small informal studios embrace a culture where collaboration is encouraged, ambition is valued, and diverse thought is celebrated. Although these studios will be your home base, we offer flexibility in when and where to work, and offer opportunities to travel to our projects around the country and world. We build international teams across our studios to help schools solve complex learning and space challenges. We are looking for people to join our community and grow with our company.
- Professional degree in Architecture, or Interior Design
- Proficient in Revit at a minimum; other digital modeling tools welcome
- Strong design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed individual with the ability to multitask
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- LEED AP or WELL AP preferred
- Experience in using digital modeling software to analyze and refine design for daylighting
- Familiarity with Energy Modeling and coordinating with Sustainability / Environmental Designers
- Experience with at least one certified LEED or WELL project through certification
- Demonstrated ability to create inspiring interior environments for the workplace, or learning environments
- Experience with detailed design of casework
- Familiarity with environmental graphics
- Work as part of a collaborative team to provide planning, design, and coordination of educational projects, with domestic and international travel opportunities provided
- Attend and actively participate in the project team and research discussions around the evolution of learning and innovative design
- Make recommendations and consult clients on related project concerns
- Design and prepare deliverables for projects ranging from Visioning to Design Development
- Assist with material and furniture specifications, interior design, and coordination of architectural drawings
- Participate in marketing efforts and client engagement presentations
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, a wellness reimbursement program, and generous paid time off.
We strive to create a culture that values and reflects each individual’s personal needs. Our goal is to sustain a diverse community of designers and thinkers in a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and encouraging—a place where you are pushed to do the best work of your life and enjoy working each day!
Please send your CV and Work Samples to email@example.com.
In your email, please indicate the location you are interested in joining and answer the following question: How can you help us make the world better by improving environments for learning?