April 20, 2022
Bloomfield Hills & Kalamazoo
Experience: 5+ Years
TMP Architecture, Inc. is an architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of facilities for life-long learning. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven approach to problem-solving and provide the highest level of design excellence and service for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Administrator with 5+ years of experience to work on a variety of K-12 and College & University projects. Candidates must have knowledge of architectural, mechanical, electrical, and structural drawings; an understanding of construction procedures and the ability to evaluate workmanship; and strong communication skills.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Represent Architect and Owner as primary liaison with the contractor during the construction phase of the project.
- Provide periodic observation of projects at each phase of the work, sufficient to ensure the contractors’ adherence to the construction documents.
- Assist contractor with interpretations of documents.
- Arrange and administer construction review meetings as required.
- Coordinate job correspondence, bulletin preparation, and change orders for processing by the Construction Administration Department.
- Verify the percentage of project completion in conjunction with payment certificates.
- High school graduate
- 2- or 4-year degree or 5+ years of work experience
Knowledge and Skills o Knowledge of Architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural drawings
- Understanding of construction procedures and ability to evaluate workmanship
- Communication skills
- 5 – 10 years of Construction Experience
- Preference for previous professional experience in an architectural office, including involvement in the construction phase of projects and construction administration
At least 50% travel is required throughout the State of Michigan as well as bordering states.
The physical demands of this position are a mix of sedentary and physical. Visits to construction sites are required. There will be periods of walking, kneeling, and bending. There may be occasions where there is a need to lift items under 20 pounds. Other physical exertion may be required due to the routine requirements of travel.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.