June 21, 2019
Experience: 4-Year Degree
AIA Detroit is a local chapter of the American Institute of Architects. As a membership-based, 501(c)6 nonprofit, AIA Detroit is the most prominent voice for the profession of architecture in Metro Detroit and endeavors to improve the local practice of architecture and the quality of the built environment.
AIA Detroit is seeking an individual who will oversee the coordination and execution of its chapter’s communications and continuing education, as well as administrative tasks related to other AIA Detroit programming. In order to continue to provide exemplary service to our members, we are seeking a self-starter with the ability to coordinate and prioritize the needs of our multiple committees’ and affiliated organizations’ communications on behalf of AIA Detroit. Successful candidates are detail-oriented and are efficient with time management. The following provides a description of the tasks associated with this position.
• Coordinate outbound communications, (newsletter, mass email communications, social media, etc.).
• Maintain and update the AIA Detroit website, including its graphics and content.
• Remain up-to-date on communication initiatives from AIA National and ensure they are incorporated into AIA Detroit promotions.
• Collect and curate content from external sources within the broader Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) community, other Design related industries, and content relevant to the Detroit design and construction community; coordinate the distribution of such content.
• Develop and produce internal content promoting AIA Detroit, its members, and its unique subject matter expertise via written and recorded content from both staff and volunteer leadership.
• Develop relationships with local media in order to effectively publish our members’ successes to the broader community.
• Ensure adherence to AIA branding guidelines across AIA Detroit properties, digital assets, and communication outlets.
• Solicit and coordinate information required for application of AIA-approved Continuing Education (CE) credits on behalf of AIA Detroit.
• Review and submit applications for Continuing Education certification as necessary in support of AIA Detroit programs and events.
• Report AIA attendance within the AIA CE Provider timeline.
• Distribute Continuing Education certificates after CE Events within the AIA CE Provider timeline.
• Assist the Executive Director in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the AIA Detroit educational-based programs and services.
Program Communications & Implementation
• Assist the Executive Director with communication & coordination needs related to the promotion or implementation of AIA Detroit programs/initiatives such as:
>Committee promotions & targeted communications
>Volunteer coordination & communications
>Vendor coordination & communications
>Sponsor solicitation, coordination, promotions & follow-up
• Attendance at monthly AIA Detroit Board of Director’s Meetings and select committee meetings will be required on an as needed basis.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience with professional references.
• Demonstrated interest in architecture / design / urbanism or related field and a strong
commitment to the advancement of the built environment and design in Detroit.
• Relationship-building skills coupled with a collaborative work ethic.
• Detail and goal-oriented with a conscientiousness for accuracy and clarity.
• A self-starter, proven talent for follow-up, and successful at managing multiple deadlines.
• Actively embraces technology and seeks efficiency in processes and workflow.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Reasonably proficient with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiarity with WordPress and communications platforms like MailChimp & Constant Contact
Additional information about the Position
• $50K salary cap, based on candidate’s qualifications & experience.
• A full-time commitment is preferred; flexible work arrangements will be negotiated.
• This position directly reports to the AIA Detroit Executive Director.
• Occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours may be required.
• AIA Detroit is one of over 260 AIA Chapters around the world. We service over 900 AIA Members, making us the largest local Chapter in the state of Michigan.
Qualifying candidates please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you encounter any issues with the above email, please send your application to email@example.com
For questions about the position, please contact:
Lauren Myrand, AIA Detroit Executive Director