June 8, 2022
FST Technical Services
Ann Arbor, MI
Experience: 3+ Years
***Please note, this position is based in Michigan but heavy travel is involved***
A Field Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of multiple projects and resources by performing building envelope commissioning and consulting for a variety of facilities.
As a Field Engineer, you will gain top-notch experience from the nation’s premier building commissioning providers, having served as commissioning authority for more than 90 million square feet and $20 billion in construction costs. With offices across the country, we have one of the largest and most respected staff of Certified Commissioning Professionals and LEED Accredited professionals in the nation.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Accountability: Accepting ownership and delivering quality results in a transparent manner.
Collaboration: Working together towards a common goal through encouragement and mutual respect.
Expertise: Experienced problem solvers, who lead with knowledge and promote a culture of continuous learning.
Innovation: Encouraging the development of new ideas to provide valuable solutions.
Sustainability: Safeguarding the strength of the organization and industry while meeting the needs of clients and colleagues.
Quality: Demanding a higher standard of ourselves and the services that we provide to our clients.
Impact: Establishing our mark of excellence of the global environment.
Reports directly to the Building Envelope Associate. His or her goal is to exhibit a high level of professionalism and energy, as he or she may be the first point of contact for the Company. A Building Enclosure Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of multiple projects and resources. Responsibilities include consulting, testing, and commissioning of building enclosure systems.
* Responsible for managing, scheduling, and budgeting assigned projects.
* Provide weekly task lists to the engineering manager for inclusion in the weekly work plan.
* Ensure completion of tasks that are conducted or managed are done within budgeted allotments.
* Maintain relations with existing clients on assigned projects.
* Preparation of project documents including design review, investigative reports, field, and testing reports, and final client reports.
* Support the development of company standards relating to enclosure consulting and commissioning.
* Support as required, training and business development activities related to enclosure projects.
* Any special projects as required
* Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Engineering, minimum 5 years of experience in a related position including previous project management experience.
* At least 3 years of experience working with enclosure systems.
* Professional registrations or certifications such as RA, LEED AP, or other related certifications are preferred.
* Must be physically fit and capable of lifting at least 30 pounds and climbing ladders.
* Willingness and ability to travel at a regular frequency.