November 4, 2021
150 W Jefferson Ave Suite 1300, Detroit, MI 48226
Experience: 5-7 years
Point of Contact: Steven Farrelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
End Date for Search: 01/01/2022
As an Architectural Designer – Technical you will apply and integrate technical detailing and material technologies to develop design solutions into a concise set of construction documents. Using your ability to analyze and understand design intent you will produce efficient and effective technical design solutions. You will work with members of the design team to develop design solutions appropriate to the context, budget, and aesthetic requirements of architectural projects. You will use your knowledge of detailing, building materials, building codes, and construction technologies to collaborate with other professional disciplines and have opportunities to coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops technical Restaurant designs and edits architectural drawings to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines, and budgetary requirements.
- Performs Restaurant design activities such as programming, code research, material, and building systems research, laying out program components, and calculation of program and building areas
- Evaluates site conditions and performs site surveys
- Reviews project products, services, and shop drawings
- Processes permit response letters and coordinates revisions with engineers and consultants to obtain necessary documentation and permits
- Coordinates with contractor, sub-consultants, or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructibility or owner concerns
- Experience in all phases of the project cycle is required
- Architectural design software skills including Revit and other architectural design software
- Familiarity with MEP and Structural building systems and building codes is required
- Have successfully completed related post-secondary education
- Registered with a relevant professional architectural association is an asset
- 5-7 years of project work experience
- Experience in restaurant design and construction documents.
Qualified candidates can apply online at All Careers – NORR | Architecture, Engineering, Planning and Interior Design