April 12, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
Experience: 3-5 Years
Steelcase – Architectural Applications Consultant – Grand Rapids, MI
Why people choose to work with us:
While our competitors try to use software as their differentiator for selling architectural products, we have developed a design experience (our secret sauce) that is unmatched in our industry.
What you will be doing:
You will ensure the category has the necessary competitive advantage by providing an exceptional design experience for both A&D and customers so that the architectural business continues to grow.
Who you are:
You have a sense of what you can accomplish, and you have the energy and confidence to make things happen. You are able to initiate and build good relations with others. You value cooperation, you are a great team player, and respect others input regarding how to accomplish goals through collaboration. You are organized, conscientious, and punctual.
Your Future Team:
You will work closely between top interior architectural designers and high visibility clients, and our own Steelcase Architectural and Dealer Sales Consultants, Steelcase Sales, and Steelcase dealers. The small group of peers are a hard-working, creative, and highly motivated group of designers who specialize in solutions that allow for seamless integration of architecture, furniture and technology
- Architectural Designer responsible for impacting the selling process by translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand architectural applications that solve client’s needs.
- Proactively impact the selling process by facilitating an application strategy and then providing application and technical support to our most important opportunities; including strategic projects, GCC accounts, strategic accounts and target design firms focused on Architectural Products.
- Provide interior architectural expertise to the broader Steelcase Application team (Application Specialists, Regional Application Consultants) to broaden the Steelcase approach to interiors.
- Ensure we differentiate Steelcase from the competition by providing the client and design firm with a collaborative experience in developing integrated AFT solutions focused on Architectural Products.
- Key measurables will include an improved win rate, strengthened relationships, and a clear definition and approach around our application competitive advantages.
- This role will respond to applications requests from the GM and Marketing
- Individual will travel as required for purposes of working closely with the field around opportunities relative to A&D firms, Strategic and Global Accounts and Steelcase teams.
Architectural drawing / Construction documentation understanding
Computing / CAD knowledge
- Ability to conceptualize product solutions and then express them verbally through the drawing/deliverable.
- Self-starter; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a complex team environment with many stakeholders around the United States.
- Bachelors Degree Required, focus in Architecture preferred. Interior Design Degree will be considered.
- Minimum 3-5 years of interior architectural experience.
- Strong background and working knowledge w/ construction trades and documentation.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.
To learn more about our company, and our family of brands – including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision® and Turnstone®, please visit our website at www.steelcase.com.
To apply, please visit www.steelcase.com/careers