March 23, 2018
Christian Hurttienne Architects
Experience: 3-5 Years
Architect III – Design Associate or Design Architect
Christian Hurttienne Architects is seeking a talented and motived Design Associate or Design Architect to join our downtown Detroit office. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multi-family residential and mixed use new construction. We have a notable history of working on historic structures for adaptive reuse and restorations, as well. Please visit our website at www.cha-c.com to learn more about us and our work.
Our partnership and staff has been curated to provide a depth of experience ranging from financing and regulatory advice, interior and exterior design, construction detailing, construction administration, and graphic communication. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded approach to architecture, which we bring to bear on programs for multi-family, mixed-use, and commercial buildings, both through new construction and the adaptive re-use of existing, often historic, structures.
Architect III Job Description
Architect, Level III position is responsible for managing projects and coordinating all of the required efforts to assure the most efficient and successful execution to the standards set by each client and the firm’s principals. A successful individual must excel at working collaboratively while thinking independently to produce comprehensive design solutions, documentation and assist in facilitating varying project delivery methods. Tasks will include site design and planning, building design, interior design, and technical production to facilitate construction documents. Qualified candidates must have strong design and communication skills, as well as a commitment to both architectural design excellence and customer service.
1. Licensed, State of Michigan Registration or In-process Registration through NCARB AXP.
2. Professional degree in architecture from an accredited school of architecture.
3. 3 – 5 years of professional experience in architecture, practicing as a designer.
4. Experienced in all phases of project design.
Position Skills / Principal Expectations
1. Collaborate on projects to develop design concepts, including programing client needs, conceptual design, schematic design through transition to construction documents.
2. Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
3. Understand design vision and execute design concepts to achieve project and firm priorities.
4. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (ordinances, codes and accessibility standards), specifications, materials, building / engineering assemblies and project delivery methods.
5. Excellent graphic, communication and organizational skills (digital and physical).
6. Visionary, self-motivated, detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and confident.
7. Good interpersonal and professional work ethic skills and a willingness to collaborate with other team members.
8. Ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Ability to direct, coordinate, work with and hold accountable junior staff and retained consultants.
10. Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
11. Demonstrated proficiency in the following software (minimum):
11.1. AutoDesk Revit
11.2. AutoDesk AutoCad
11.3. Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
11.4. Sketch-up Modeling
11.5. Microsoft (word, excel).
12. Contribute to office activities, culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
Offers will be negotiated and commensurate with experience and ability.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio including demonstrated ability and design process to Christopher Christian reachable via