Incorporating a modern workspace inside the historic St. Mary’s School built in 1868, the architect provided design services for the gaming company’s new Detroit headquarters.
The project involved the renovation of 26,000 sf, four-story, former school into a five-level commercial space. The main level is reserved for future retail tenants, while the upper levels were renovated into offices.
In developing the design/construction drawings, 3D laser scanning and BIM played a critical role in helping to create a well-coordinated and detailed set of documents. The architect and its consultants used Revit to create their drawings, which was helpful to the team for phasing and overall coordination of design.
The use of BIM made it possible for the team to visualize issues early in the process and address them before they became even greater challenges. Revit was used in team and owner meetings to show design progress and to problem solve.