May 16, 2017
Experience: 5+ Years
This description is intended to illustrate the types of duties and levels of responsibility required of the position. It does not necessarily include all of the specifically related functions and tasks of the position and it does not limit the assignment of additional related duties not mentioned.
Melissa Dittmer, Vice President of Architecture + Design, Bedrock Real Estate Services
Architecture Team, Bedrock Real Estate Services
The candidate for this position will operate in a fast paced, dynamic, environment and must possess the necessary experience in architectural design, land use, and planning to develop the conceptual designs of future real estate development projects. The candidate will also facilitate and support both 1) the creation and growth of Bedrock’s internal construction drawing and documentation process and, 2) the external professional firms that form the multi-disciplinary team for the implementation of projects.
OVERALL ROLE AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Aid in the growth of Bedrock’s in-house architecture team by establishing a standardized Bedrock Architecture Team design development, construction drawing, and construction documentation process.
• Provide project leadership and documentation coordination for all design development, construction sets, and permit sets created by the Bedrock Architecture Team.
• Lead internal architecture team as they develop design drawings, technical documentation and construction administration phase documents.
• Review all internally created construction documents for quality control evaluation as made by the Bedrock Architecture Team.
• For all construction documents created by Bedrock Architecture Team, coordinates and maintains project schedules, consultant and vendor relationships, and construction administration.
• Establishes Bedrock close-out documentation and project archive process.
• Review all externally created construction documents for agreed upon Bedrock quality control evaluations.
• Collaborate with Bedrock architecture, development, and civic project teams to reach project goals.
• Create effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, senior executives and/or public groups.
• Represents the client in the coordination of the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases.
• Provide support to Bedrock construction team as needed in order to coordinate and implement desired project design objectives.
• Originates and develops creative design graphics, design documents, text, and other original content for both architecture and civic projects.
• Facilitation of communication in project meetings to support project goals.
• Strength in construction details, construction drawings, and other technical aspects of the architecture documentation process
• Ability to understand and support the design process with great design, graphics and rendering skills
• Possess discipline as a project manager while being entrepreneurial in style and approach,having the ability to function within a well organized, yet rigorous and demanding environment.
• Facilitation of communication in client meetings regarding project matters
• Willingness to learn financial terms and principles in order to help others prepare financial/business analysis
• Possess personal qualities of creativity, independence and initiative, and most importantly, high levels of ethical and moral integrity.
• Maintain calm, utilize good judgment, and reasoning ability within a variety of stressful situation
• Utilize Sketchup (and other 3d software) and AutoCAD or Revit for plans, conceptual diagrams, renderings, building additions, and/or development plans
• Openness to practicing architecture in a non-traditional architecture studio
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Minimum 5 years of professional architecture experience
• Professional licensure in architecture
• Bachelor’s or Masters of Architecture
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with strengths in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proficiency in Autocad or Revit
• Proficiency in 3d modeling software: sketch-up and others
HOW TO APPLY:
Using the subject line “Design Architect”, candidate should email a resume, 20 page (maximum) PDF portfolio, and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews can begin immediately upon review of portfolio and cover letter.