February 22, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Experience: 10+ Years
Join our team at TowerPinkster and open a new door to an amazing career!
TowerPinkster, a regional 100 person Architecture and Engineering Firm based in Michigan is looking for a talented Project Manager.
Project Managers oversee projects from the conception stage through construction and completion of the project, making sure the project meets design requirements, schedule, contractual obligations and budget goals. This includes understanding the scope of work, planning the work, organizing the team, leading the team and controlling the project. The main responsibilities are project profitability, client satisfaction and business development.
- Collaborate with Principal on fee proposals, fee negotiations and project team selection
- Assist in the development of fees based on task, market, staffing and unit cost
- Assist in proposal development, including determining project fees, team selection, scope definition, schedule, contracts and interviews
- Collaborate with Principal to prepare contract
- Collaborate on design presentations and reviews
- Collaborate with design team on technical decisions
- Coordinate outside consultants with owner and project team, including consultant selection, fee negotiation, invoice review and communications
- Provide expertise in contractual negotiations and production meetings
- Create Project Management Plan, from project conception to completion
- Manage project scope relative to contract
- Track changes in scope, schedule and budget
- Conduct effective meetings, to include agenda, meeting minutes and progress reports
- Observe project performance and coordinate workload through the entire project
- Monitor the project for performance to profit and schedule goals
- Partner with Principal in regards to negotiating additional service fees from clients as they request changes to project scope
- May, depending on project scope, conduct construction site visits to monitor progress
- All other job duties as apparent or assigned
- Act with integrity and trust
- Possess a commitment to excellence
- Exhibit and promote teamwork
- Display excellent ability to communicate verbally, graphically and in writing
- Lead collaboration within project team
- Have pride, passion and purpose for the work you do, both with team and client
- Take responsibility for own actions through being attentive and leading by example
- Diagnose problem situations and recommend solutions for improvement
- Display a willingness to make decisions, include appropriate people in decision making
- Identify potential problems in a timely manner and oversee development of alternative positive solutions
- Able to carry oneself with confidence and adapt personality to client needs
- Develop professional relationships leading to potential future business
- Ability to lead a project team with great success
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or engineering profession, AIA or PE License preferred
- Ten plus years’ experience in architectural and/or engineering profession with five years’ experience in project management position
- Experience in Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Commercial and Government a plus
- Well rounded knowledge of architecture and engineering profession and workflow
- REVIT experience/AutoCad software knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of building components, construction materials, standards and codes
- Business management knowledge preferred
- Experience in construction administration or knowledge of construction practices
TowerPinkster is a firm of architects and engineers committed to design integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility. Our doors opened in 1953 with just six people and now we have more than 100 of the best employees in Michigan. At our firm, it’s our people who make us different. We have the freedom to explore new ideas, the tools to create innovative strategies and the talent to inspire our clients through interactive design. Our expertise and collaborative, client-centered approach means the best ideas rise to the top. And having a diverse team fosters fresh perspectives, creating better results.
TowerPinkster received the 2016 National 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Award, 2016 best Firm Award from Zweig Group and the 2015 Firm of the Year Award from AIA Grand Rapids. These awards were given based on design creativity, community commitment, client commitment and team building. We are proud of this achievement and are thankful for our client relationships, our generous communities and all the employees who contribute to TowerPinkster’s fun and creative culture! Our supportive work environment helps employees reach their career goals, and we have fun doing it! We love what we do and it shows!
Our Vision: A diverse, talent-based firm sought after in expanding markets.
Our Mission: Design leaders who create unique environments with clients and communities
www.towerpinkster.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer