September 19, 2017
Little Caesars Entertainment
Experience: 7-10 Years
Little Caesars Ent.
Detroit, MI. Headquarter office is located at 2211 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Seven (7) to ten (10) years architectural work experience, including three (3) or more years focusing on international, with QSR’s, restaurants, retail or grocery. Must be a licensed Architect with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design or related field preferred.
Point of contact:
Corporate Recruiter Don Hunt. I can be reached at (313)471-6769 or by email at email@example.com.
End date for search:
At Little Caesars, we want to be everyday heroes to our customers by making their lives easier. We strive to be HOT-N-READY with perfectly made pizzas, where and when they need us. Ready for their little league teams – whether they win or lose. Ready for their first sleepover or their next all-nighter, romantic date nights and work extra late nights. Birthdays, Tuesdays, or any day when they need something good.
For our store crews, field employees, corporate colleagues, and everyone who is a part of the Little Caesars family — service isn’t what we do, it’s who we are.
The Architect, International will develop store designs and produce construction documents and specifications for a variety of international projects. This position will ensure compliance with international codes and requirements through coordination with international franchisees, their in-country architects, and contractors. Ensures alignment of business strategies and initiatives with design, equipment and technology. Assists in vendor selection and contract negotiations. Prepares and presents oral and written reports of the status of projects. Manages the department and staff in the absence of the Director, Architecture & Design. This position will sit at the Little Caesars corporate headquarter office in Detroit.
· Originates, develops and prepares creative design concepts and construction drawings for assigned international projects.
· Develops and documents architectural standards and practices based on recognized requirements for each country.
· Ensures compliance with all International locations federal, state and municipality codes and requirements through coordination with international franchisees, their in-country architects, and contractors. Conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
· Partners with the international marketing team to ensure proper brand positioning and consumer insights are incorporated into asset designs, artwork/graphics, and interior/exterior branding.
· Ensures alignment of business strategies and initiatives with design, equipment and technology.
· Develops and maintains international brand prototype plans and remodel templates.
· Communicates with the international franchisees, corporate personnel, and outside parties to determine specific site requirements. Obtains all necessary Little Caesar and/or owner approvals for store and special project drawings. Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets, and adherence to schedules.
· Communicates and provides written updates on specifications, progress and design delivery to the appropriate parties.
· Researches non-typical stores as instructed. Directs the design solution in response to a set of design criteria and presents solution.
· Assists in international vendor selection and contract negotiations.
· Communicates with in-country architects, contractors, suppliers, and vendors to ensure proper brand standards and availability of resources to achieve the standards.
· Assists franchise services with international franchisee training and support.
· Trains and provide tools to local designers who produce store designs in country. Oversee and review locally designed stores to assure Little Caesars standards are followed.
Supplemental Job Functions:
· Collaborates on developing programs that benefit the department, i.e. methods to expedite drawings, facilitate project flow, etc.
· Assists the department head in presenting, (verbal and written), to the franchisees and colleagues, policies that affect architectural requirements and specifications.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design or a related field.
· Licensed Architect (U.S. preferred).
· Seven (7) to ten (10) years architectural work experience, including three (3) or more years focusing on international, with QSR’s, restaurants, retail or grocery. Including in depth knowledge of the following:
· Design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precise technical plans, blueprints, drawings, models, building and construction materials,
· Methods and tools used to construct buildings, houses or other structures, and
· Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective International security operations for the protection of people and property.
· Project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and lead a team. Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
· Evidence of computer hardware and software knowledge and skills, in particular AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photo Shop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, and the ability to express and present ideas via telephone, in writing and through live presentations.
· Demonstrated listening skills and conflict resolution skills. The ability to resolve conflicts between contractors, skilled trades, franchisees and between corporate departments, etc.
· Evidence of knowledge of International construction industry standards and scheduling.
· The ability to travel as needed and adhere to the LCE Travel Policy.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Commercial/Retail/Restaurant architecture and design experience.
· Master’s degree in Architecture.
· NCARB Certification (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards).
· LEED Certification (Leadership in Energy & Environmental).
· Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust and the like.
· Travels Internationally to other businesses, site locations, construction sites, existing sites, store and offices via car and/or airplane.
Little Caesars offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:medical/dental/prescription coverage, 401k with company match, on-site child care, adoption benefits,free parking and exciting sports and entertainment perks! In addition to Little Caesars Pizza, Ilitch companies in the food, sports and entertainment industries include: the Detroit Red Wings, the Detroit Tigers, Olympia Entertainment, Olympia Development, Blue Line Distribution, Champion Foods, Ilitch Holdings, Inc., Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraising Program, and a variety of venues within these entities.