December 20, 2016
Experience: 5+ Years
Join our team at TowerPinkster and open a new door to an amazing career!
TowerPinkster, a regional 100 person Architecture and Engineering Firm based in Michigan is looking for a talented Project Architect.
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating and leading project teams through the development of construction documents. Technical expertise and experience is used to lead the project team through coordination and quality assurance processes throughout the project. Participate in document and clarification efforts, as well as submittal review and site observation during bidding and construction. High rise experience a plus.
• Understand project manager expectations throughout each phase of the project
• Perform the coordination efforts with project designer in translating design into contract documents
• Review and understand project scope and contract for professional services
• Coordinate project team and through collaboration with all disciplines, lead the development of:
• Project Plan
• Code Review
• Development of Contract Documents
• Communication and exchange of information
• Create, organize and coordinate the following:
• Document format and arrangement of information
• Document review for accuracy
• Project milestone progress
• Scheduling and coordinating document reproduction
• Review documents with Designer for compliance with design concepts
• Support Project Manager in establishing and maintaining project milestone, deadlines and delivery dates
• Create and meet established goals and objectives for the design documentation process
• Coordinate communication and documents with clients for the project
• Assist Project Manager in communication with Construction Team throughout construction of project
• Coordinate and assign team tasks and goals with the architectural technical team
• In the absence of Project Manager, lead and preside over team meetings
• Assist Project Manager in Construction Administration, which may include
• Monitor progress of shop drawings
• Pay applications
• Progress meetings
• Site visits
• All other job duties as apparent or assigned
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
• Ability to create a collaborative team project approach
• Must be flexible to adapt to situations and changes
• Proficient technical skills with ability to apply technical skills to the job effectively
• Ability to gather and analyze information and develop solutions
• Accredited degree in Architecture
• Licensure Required
• Five years of professional architectural experience
• Experience in construction administration, document production and design experience
• REVIT experience and proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs required
Human Resources Manager
p. (269) 492-6705 | c. (269) 806-6611
TowerPinkster is a firm of architects and engineers committed to design integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility. Our doors opened in 1953 with just six people and now we have more than 100 of the best employees in Michigan. At our firm, it’s our people who make us different. We have the freedom to explore new ideas, the tools to create innovative strategies and the talent to inspire our clients through interactive design. Our expertise and collaborative, client-centered approach means the best ideas rise to the top. And having a diverse team fosters fresh perspectives, creating better results.
TowerPinkster received the 2016 National 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Award, 2016 best Firm Award from Zweig Group and the 2015 Firm of the Year Award from AIA Grand Rapids. These awards were given based on design creativity, community commitment, client commitment and team building. We are proud of this achievement and are thankful for our client relationships, our generous communities and all the employees who contribute to TowerPinkster’s fun and creative culture! Our supportive work environment helps employees reach their career goals, and we have fun doing it! We love what we do and it shows!
Our Vision: A diverse, talent-based firm sought after in expanding markets.
Our Mission: Design leaders who create unique environments with clients and communities