May 16, 2017
Experience: 5+ Years
This description is intended to illustrate the types of duties and levels of responsibility required of the position. It does not necessarily include all of the specifically related functions and tasks of the position and it does not limit the assignment of additional related duties not mentioned.
Melissa Dittmer, Vice President of Architecture + Design, Bedrock Real Estate Services
Architecture Team, Bedrock Real Estate Services
The candidate for this position will operate in a fast paced, dynamic, environment and must possess the necessary experience in architectural design, land use, and planning to develop the conceptual designs of future real estate development projects. The candidate will also facilitate and support both 1) the internal architecture and real estate development project team members as needed and, 2) the external professional firms that form the multi-disciplinary team for the implementation of projects.
OVERALL ROLE AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Originates and develops creative design concepts and design documents during the conceptual, schematic, and design development phases for both pre-acquisition concepts and post acquisition architecture and master plans of all future development projects
• Collaborate with senior executives to implement Bedrock’s standard project creation process, templates, and design tools to support the definition of all development projects that will be leveraged by real estate project managers and the executive team
• Collaborate with architecture, development, and civic project teams to reach project goals
• Create effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, senior executives and/or public groups
• Represents the client in the coordination of the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases
• Oversees design team or less experienced designers to ensure design intent
• Provide support to Bedrock construction team as needed in order to coordinate and implement desired project design objectives
• Originates and develops creative design graphics, design documents, text, and other original content for both architecture and civic projects
• Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents, data, and financial information into graphic narratives appropriate to different audiences
• Facilitation of communication in project meetings to support project goals
• Architectural strength in conceptual design, graphic design, branding, and illustrating architectural narratives
• Ability to understand and support the design process with great design, graphics and rendering skills
• Possess discipline as a project manager while being entrepreneurial in style and approach, having the ability to function within a well organized, yet rigorous and demanding environment.
• Facilitation of communication in client meetings regarding project matters
• Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents, data, and financial information
• Willingness to learn financial terms and principles in order to help others prepare financial/business analysis
• Possess personal qualities of creativity, independence and initiative, and most importantly, high levels of ethical and moral integrity.
• Maintain calm, utilize good judgment, and reasoning ability within a variety of stressful situation
• Utilize Sketchup (and other 3d software) and AutoCAD for plans, conceptual diagrams, renderings, building additions, and/or development plans
• Openness to practicing architecture in a non-traditional architecture studio (although the candidate will be working under licensed architects in order to obtain IDP hours)
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Minimum 5 years of professional architecture and design experience
• Professional licensure in architecture is preferred
• Bachelor’s or Masters of Architecture
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with strengths in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proficiency in Autocad or Revit
• Proficiency in 3d modeling software: sketch-up and others
HOW TO APPLY:
Using the subject line “Design Architect”, candidate should email a resume, 20 page (maximum) PDF portfolio, and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews can begin immediately upon review of portfolio and cover letter.