February 2, 2016
Experience: 15+ Years
HKS Detroit is currently looking for a Commercial Practice Leader. The right candidate will grow and develop HKS’ presence in the Detroit area commercial building community; become an identifiable leader, both externally and internally, focused on the Commercial sector. This person will develop and implement a strategy for expansion of the firm’s Commercial portfolio in Detroit are and coordinate with the efforts from the Chicago Office Commercial Practice Leader.
Practice Building – Develop an expanded practice in Commercial design by:
• Lead the Detroit area development and implementation of the Midwest commercial market strategy in concert with HKS firm goals and strategic plan.
• Serve as the responsible and knowledgeable senior-level “face” of HKS Detroit commercial practice when engaging prospective clients or other influencers, particularly at the executive level.
• Mentor staff in business development and marketing with knowledge of the commercial sector.
• Build on HKS’ portfolio, expand the HKS presence among the development community in the Detroit area through build work of significance in the office, residential, mixed use or corporate sectors.
• Set overall project targets and monitoring performance to meet or exceed them.
• Ensure that the practice evolves in a manner which is consistent with HKS – Detroit and Midwest goals, core values and design focus.
• Maintain current understanding of the trends, influences and pressures commercial building design in the Detroit area.
• Work with the Detroit office leadership to develop a regional strategy for the acquisition of valued clients.
• Create visibility for HKS Detroit for future commercial design work through strong existing and potential client relationships.
• Position HKS Detroit for future commercial design work through strong existing and potential client relationships.
• Secure a sufficient number of the appropriate assignments to meet the firm’s overall business goals.
Please send your resume and any inquiries to:
Associate Principal and Senior Vice President