February 22, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Experience: 3-5 Years
Architectural Specification Writer
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Join our team at TowerPinkster and open a new door to an amazing career!
TowerPinkster, a regional 100 person Architecture and Engineering Firm based in Michigan is looking for a talented Architectural Specification Writer to join our team!
The Firm is looking for a skilled professional to be responsible for collaborating with leaders and team on various projects as assigned to produce project manuals. A specification writer may work on several concurrent projects.
- Effectively produce complete and fully checked project manuals on time
- Research and verify all codes and standards
- Review documents and drawings for coordination with specifications
- Coordinate printing of project specification manuals
- Provide support for production of outlining specifications
- Research all materials and systems
- Coordinate specifications written by consultants on projects
- Maintain libraries of specifications and project manuals
- Act with integrity and trust
- Possess a commitment to excellence
- Exhibit and promote teamwork
- Display excellent ability to communicate verbally, graphically and in writing
- Have pride, passion and purpose for the work you do, both with team and client
- Take responsibility for own actions through being attentive and leading by example
- Diagnose problem situations and recommend solutions for improvement
- Display a willingness to make decisions, include appropriate people in decision making
- Identify potential problems in a timely manner and oversee development of alternative positive solutions
- Two to Four Year Degree in Drafting or Architecture
- Three to five years of Professional Experience in Architecture and Engineering Industry
- Ability to show experience in document production with material specification proficiency
- Knowledge of REVIT preferred
- Knowledge of MasterSpec software preferred
- Ability to show proficiency in technical writing skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings in the Architecture field
TowerPinkster is a firm of architects and engineers committed to design integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility. Our doors opened in 1953 with just six people and now we have more than 100 of the best employees in Michigan. At our firm, it’s our people who make us different. We have the freedom to explore new ideas, the tools to create innovative strategies and the talent to inspire our clients through interactive design. Our expertise and collaborative, client-centered approach means the best ideas rise to the top. And having a diverse team fosters fresh perspectives, creating better results.
TowerPinkster received the 2016 National 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Award, 2016 best Firm Award from Zweig Group and the 2015 Firm of the Year Award from AIA Grand Rapids. These awards were given based on design creativity, community commitment, client commitment and team building. We are proud of this achievement and are thankful for our client relationships, our generous communities and all the employees who contribute to TowerPinkster’s fun and creative culture! Our supportive work environment helps employees reach their career goals, and we have fun doing it! We love what we do and it shows!
Our Vision: A diverse, talent-based firm sought after in expanding markets.
Our Mission: Design leaders who create unique environments with clients and communities
www.towerpinkster.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer