January 16, 2017
Thomas Roberts Architect
Experience: 1 Years
Thomas Roberts Architect is a small design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. Our Studio focuses on the adaptive reuse of historic buildings, additions to those buildings and new buildings in existing urban settings. Our clients include private developers, community development organizations, and public institutions. The projects range in size from small to large offering much opportunity for professional growth.
Thomas Roberts Architect is looking for an Architectural Intern. We are seeking a talented individual who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates creativity and entrepreneurial spirit and one who can roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Working with us, you will:
• Perform specific/limited portions of architectural assignments under direct supervision
• Document changes to architectural drawings as instructed
• Consult with manufacturers, research and evaluate materials
• Create graphics for inclusion in marketing proposals and materials
• Assist in Construction Administration including preparing sketches and addendums, and visiting the construction site to gather information and/or preparing a punch list
• Design portions of projects under direct supervision
• Contribute proactively to the project team
• Receive and follow directions for project assignments
• Manage own time based on directions given
An ideal candidate:
• Minimum 1 year of related experience and/or training.
• Pursuing a degree in Architecture with a minimum of 3 years of education and an emphasis in Architecture; preferably with the intent to obtain a master’s degree.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office products.
• Must be detailed oriented and able to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Communicates and works professionally with all levels including co-workers, management, clients, etc.
To Apply: Contact Tom Roberts, email@example.com