March 8, 2016
Experience: 1+ Years
Who We Are
TowerPinkster is a firm of architects and engineers committed to design integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility. Our doors opened in 1953 with just six people and now we have more than 80 of the best employees in Michigan. At our firm, it’s our people who make us different. We have the freedom to explore new ideas, the tools to create innovative strategies and the talent to inspire our clients through interactive design. Our expertise and collaborative, client-centered approach means the best ideas rise to the top. And having a diverse team fosters fresh perspectives, creating better results. TowerPinkster received the 2014 National Best and Brightest Companies Award. This award was given based on design creativity, culture, community commitment, client commitment and team building. We are proud of this achievement and are thankful for our client relationships, our generous communities and all the employees who contribute to TowerPinkster’s fun and creative culture! Our supportive work environment helps employees reach their career goals, and we have doing it!.We love what we do and it shows!
Design leaders who create unique environments with clients and communities.
Our Vision A diverse, talent-based firm sought after in expanding markets.
Our Values • Design: We foster collaboration that produces sustainable and client-centered solutions • Reputation: Our dedication to customer service results in long-term relationships as a trusted advisor • Culture: We create an atmosphere that cultivates mutual respect, integrity, work-life balance, and the celebration of talent • Stability: Through financial strength, we promote opportunities for continuous growth and advancement • Community: We support communities in which we live, work and play
This position is responsible for organizing and creating and presenting design documents. This position will assist design team members in compiling conceptual and schematic design and executing details. Produce renderings and 3D visuals to convey client design intent. Participate in document and clarification efforts. Must have a learning mindset and a willingness to complete different tasks across all disciplines. Take the initiative to gain the learning through completion of the IDP process, gaining a holistic approach to the Architecture field.
• Understand project team expectations throughout each phase, Programming, Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Development and Construction Administration
• Perform the coordination efforts with project team in creation of architectural design documents
• Assist design team and project coordination team in the detailing, model building, and illustration of documents
• Attend meetings to understand established goals and objectives for the project(s)
• Support project team to learn the architectural design components and construction document design. Suggestion solutions throughout the learning process
• Gain experience in the field learning construction administration
• Continue to refine design and technical skills
• Continue to gain confidence with each project completion
• Integrity and Trust
• Commitment to Excellence
• Communication Skills
• Planning and Organization
• Technology Focus
• Minimum Four Year Accredited Degree in Architecture
• Five or Six year Master’s preferred
• Plan for completion of IDP process preferred
• Minimum of one year of experience post graduate, three years preferred
• LEED GA or AP accreditation preferred
• Able to show technical ability
• Able to sketch and draw
• Use of REVIT with ability to show design proficiency
• Additional rendering or visualization software experience preferred
This is a full time position located in our Kalamazoo office. Some travel between offices will be required. Must be available for outside networking opportunities which will involve time outside of normal business hours.