July 26, 2017
Experience: 1-5 Years
The Detroit office of NORR is seeking a designer with 1-5 years of professional experience.
• exploration of design options for components of the building and the development of presentation materials for internal and client presentations.
• Reviews design requirements, offers recommendations and creates architectural drawings to support construction projects.
• Attends team meetings as necessary to coordinate drawings, and provide information as required.
• Utilizes CAD to draft design drawings and schedules following quality control office standards, including 3D models. Makes alterations to design drawings as directed by more senior staff.
• Processes permit response letters and coordinates revisions with engineers and consultants, as required, to obtain necessary documentation and permits.
• Performs fundamental design activities such as laying out program components and calculation of program and building areas. Researches building precedents and assembles schematic design presentation packages. Work is thoroughly reviewed by more senior designers.
• Coordinates with engineering disciplines, as required, to exchange information. Researches and analyzes data, precedents, products and systems to assist with the development of design and writing of design reports. Compares systems and assists senior staff in the determination of design feasibilities.
• Provides assistance to the project architect to obtain necessary information or required research for RFIs.
• Utilizes industry best practices and established standards to ensure production adheres to corporate and professional expectations.
• May be involved in site surveys and field reviews to accurately document existing and new construction conditions. Becomes familiar with standard building techniques.
• Gains familiarity with current design techniques, building systems, design trends and developments to improve technical skills and implement them on project work.
An ideal candidate has:
• 1-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Experience using Revit and AutoCAD to produce construction documents.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and team members.
To learn more about NORR and to apply to the position, please visit www.norr.com, and click on careers.